Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conservationists 'thrilled' by ocean parks plan

Re: Conservationists 'thrilled' by ocean parks plan

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    Woolies IS more convenient....... I'd have to drive twice as far to go to the local fisho.... so by driving to Woolies I'm doing my bit to reduce greenhouse gas emissions........

TOL
    Thats an intelligent comment - nevermind the fish has been trucked in from vietnam - the profits head to off shore investments - typical nose up arse liberal attitude though

Just had another look at the Green Party's website.........

Their policy is to abolish the 30% reduction on the Private Health Care rebate to improve the public hospital system. The Federal Government has recently means tested this, so it's a start.

Their policy is to have a carbon tax. The Gillard government recently passed this into law.

Their policy is to have a protected fishing zone covering just about all of the Australian coastline. A proposal for this has just been made public.

And at a State level: just prior to the last state election, the Bligh government declared further parts of Stradbroke Island a National Park, with a view to ceasing sand mining.

Just prior to the state election before the last one, the Bligh government did a deal with the Greens to shut down 15% of Moreton Bay to fishing. It only became public after Bligh retained government.

Does anybody see a pattern here? The Gillard government is doing what their green masters are telling them to do.

The Bligh government was desperate to do anything to keep the Greens happy, simply to get their preferences.

Contrary to what some might think, I'd like to think that I'm a conservationist. I like hearing about projects to save the bilby, the hairy nosed wombat and other animals, as well as reforestation projects, plus others.

What I can't handle is governments passing into law these big ticket items that affect all Australians simply to appease a minority group who hold the balance of power in parliament and who are under represented by the voters in this country.

TOL

I can't recall saying that I buy fish from Woolies.......

Just had another look at the Green Party's website.........

Their policy is to abolish the 30% reduction on the Private Health Care rebate to improve the public hospital system. The Federal Government has recently means tested this, so it's a start.

Their policy is to have a carbon tax. The Gillard government recently passed this into law.

Their policy is to have a protected fishing zone covering just about all of the Australian coastline. A proposal for this has just been made public.

And at a State level: just prior to the last state election, the Bligh government declared further parts of Stradbroke Island a National Park, with a view to ceasing sand mining.

Just prior to the state election before the last one, the Bligh government did a deal with the Greens to shut down 15% of Moreton Bay to fishing. It only became public after Bligh retained government.

Does anybody see a pattern here? The Gillard government is doing what their green masters are telling them to do.

The Bligh government was desperate to do anything to keep the Greens happy, simply to get their preferences.

Contrary to what some might think, I'd like to think that I'm a conservationist. I like hearing about projects to save the bilby, the hairy nosed wombat and other animals, as well as reforestation projects, plus others.

What I can't handle is governments passing into law these big ticket items that affect all Australians simply to appease a minority group who hold the balance of power in parliament and who are under represented by the voters in this country.

TOL
    Well said TOL
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo12 View Post
    And tol - if you shopped at the local fisho you'd get local product - but woolies is probably far more convenient.....
    I bought some tigers at Cleveland about a month ago, I knew I never should have bought em, the heads had started to die, but as a fool I asked "are they fresh?", and the reply was
    "yes they are fresh"... like f%%^k they were, at $32.00 a kilo they tasted like sh&T..

Next week I bought woolies Tigers, they tasted like shit too...

6 of one and half a dozen of the other.... who they kiddin.

Cheers

You got it in one. PEW...yank
    and guess what...Financed, i believe, by the major OIL companies

The ABC had some sheila from PEW or SPEW on this morning, rabbiting on what a wonderful event this proposal was.

Isn't that an American organisation? What are they doing meddling in our affairs?

No wonder we can't buy any local seafood here. Was in Woolies recently and made a point of looking at their seafood. Out of about a dozen types of fish, only one type was labelled as being from Queensland.

Those green feral pests must be loving this Gillard minority government. It gives them the opportunity to introduce these wacko proposals to the government with the underlying threat of withdrawing their support if the government doesn't proceed.

TOL

AHHHH The good old Mekong River Delta Catfish Commonly called BASSA

@#$##^& Greenie#$%&*!@ @!$@&^%$#

#$@&^%$ Greenies............

I hope I made myself clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post

Well said Jack.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post

C'mon now JJ, tell us what you really think.

TOL