Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Deep Drop Fishing Tackle

Re: Deep Drop Fishing Tackle

Been reading thru this post and remembered i have some of these style hooks i bought a while back
    I have no use for them and would rather see them goto a good fish then the bin.
    I think they are the type you lot are using here.
    If ya want them pm me to arrange to pick em up i have at least 16 of em here
    and have atached a pic of one next to a ruler for size as packet has no size on it
    they are mustad ones n they are free!!
    All i ask is ya keep me in mind if ya ever need a deckie
    Cheers The Angry Angler

IMG_20120615_113456.jpg

For blue eye we reckon it was better bumping the bottom. They will not chase a bait so you nearly have to drop it down their throat or past their nose. The best weight we used was a stainless bomb with a couple of links which dinged like a dinner bell on hard ground.

Quote Originally Posted by theangryangler View Post
    Been reading thru this post and remembered i have some of these style hooks i bought a while back
    I have no use for them and would rather see them goto a good fish then the bin.
    I think they are the type you lot are using here.
    If ya want them pm me to arrange to pick em up i have at least 16 of em here
    and have atached a pic of one next to a ruler for size as packet has no size on it
    they are mustad ones n they are free!!
    All i ask is ya keep me in mind if ya ever need a deckie
    Cheers The Angry Angler

IMG_20120615_113456.jpg
    If you want to go out as a deckie you will need some of those hooks to make a few rigs for yourself

Diabol - you are 100% correct I do recall the jingling sound of an anchor chain when scuba diving - sound travels very well in water. So you have the weight then some chain dangling underneath?
    Cheers

Trev

Trev,
    Thanks for the marks for the Noosa Canyons. I"ve been struggling to find any mark for the area. I punched it into the Garmin & it is only about 5nm from my most north easterly mark for the Hards. Quick drop, from 300ft to 1200+ in a short distance. Going out with Frenzy charters July 7 & hope to learn about deep, deep fishing, as I've been told the Canyons will hold blue eye & bar cod!!
    Thanks again,
    Tony

just a couple of links welded to the top of the bomb to tie line but the stainless made a nice dink noise. They are inquisitive and are attracted rather than repelled ...gotta love the big dumb bastards.

IMHO anyone that is willing to handline this depth of water is nuts!!!!!

I have deep dropped before, manually via a tyrnos 50 2 speed with 100lb braid, I did find it easy with the harness, easier than a blue marlin going nuts.

I even found once I had the head pointed up I clicked it back into high gear, on the sinker front you will want atleast 1kg of weight, when there is current you will need up to 6kg. Reo is awesome and no need to drill holes, just cable tie a loop and cable tie that on and thats where you loop your break away.

I would not go to crazy on too many hooks guys, good size fish are being caught atm, wellsys is the place to buy them too.

On the rod use a similar harness to a black magic and it will be easy.

Hope this bit of info helps.

Timbo
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!

So how did you. Boys go?