Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock Fishing Can Be Dangerous !

Re: Rock Fishing Can Be Dangerous !

Went out this morning to the wall and there has been a fair amount of undermining going on out there.
    Packed my gear up and was getting ready to leave and stood on a big rock for a last look and next second someone has pulled the rock out from under my feet, or it felt that way as the rock fell out from under my feet.
    Fell on my arse and my elbow. Every time I cough they both hurt
    Too busy watching the sea I guess
    Going out for round 2 this arvo if I can find a spot between the Canetoads
    Cheers.

I resemble that remark!

Childers that looks uncomfortable. Timely reminder though.

Steve i'm still amazed that some days you don't end up in the drink altogether!

Hi Jon,
    Mate, you dont look anything like a cane toad(well maybe after a few rum n cokes)

I did end up in the drink at the last crevice on the Goat track at Skennars many years back because I got spooked and headed for high ground when I saw a big wave coming. If I had of stayed where I was and held my ground I would have been okay but because I was walking when the wave hit me it knocked my feet out from under me and it felt like like a slippery dip ride for about 10metres into the Pacific ocean.

There is a crevass out there that is called "Steves Gully" because I owned it one day, but thats another story
    cheers.

One of our mob got rolled today on the wall in relatively flat conditions.
    I think he broke rule no.3. If its not your fish dont go down to the wave zone to retrieve it for someone else.
    A freakish little 1metre wave got him while he was trying to retrieve a small schoolie from the rocks. Got a few lacerations on his legs and he bled all over the place before we caught up with him to check the damage.
    Dont think he will do that again
    cheers.steve.

Hi Childers,
    Lucky mate, at some stage the rocks will get you.
    Where I fish I just about know every rock backwards,but one knight was walking back after fishing and kicked a small rock protuding up about 3 inches.
    Came a cropper landed on both wrists and shins, was p.....d off at myself .
    Gaffed a decent jew a couple of years back for a guy.He didn't tell me about the rogue wave that went over my head.
    Stuffed the phone,the gaff,wet and hypo set in.Had to leave the jew on the bite.
    P....d off again.
    Historian/Collector of Old Sidecast Fishing Reels