Thread: Fishing Moreton Island

Fishing Moreton Island

Heading over Moreton Island for the weekend and would appreciate any info on some spots for land based fishing.
    cheers
    shooty

Re: Fishing Moreton Island

Hey Shooty, i just came back from moreton a few weeks ago and apart from loooking around for whatever gutters are around , another place you can try is the rocks up near the lighthouse.
    Regards Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman R View Post
    Hey Shooty, i just came back from moreton a few weeks ago and apart from loooking around for whatever gutters are around , another place you can try is the rocks up near the lighthouse.
    Nice avatar, whered you get it?

Gday Mate

You could try off the rocks at North Point and around the corner at Honeymoon Bay.

When you drive onto Yellow Patch and turn right to head towards North Point, you use to be able to only drive so far until you come to a sign that says No further vehicle access or something like that,but I think they now allow you too but only at a much lower speed,but maybe someone else could clear that up??

Also on the Eastern side just lookout for the gutters that form along there, you`ll always pick up a feed along there.

Anyhow Mate,best of luck.
    Cheers
    Kerrod

Kdog's on the money, from early May this year, they reopened the 2 no vehicle access zones of Comboyuro Point and North Point.

Speed limit is now 20km's here rather than the 30 go slow zones elsewhere.

drive straight up to North Point and throw a few pillies off the rocks at dawn and dusk....

If you want to get onto some good sized fish go to the surf side beach up near the light house... when you run out of beach at the rocks there is a small bay (very small) that you can wade across to the rock outcrop to fish from.. you can rock hop over but wading is quicker ... pretty much the rock outcrop you want to be fishing from will have you facing south for casting.. when there you are basically at the end of a nice sweep that heads north along the beach until it hits the rocks.. there is some nice bommies and stuff there and a pilly floated out on gang hooks will see your reel scream off every time... caught the biggest tailor of my life off those rocks.. Makes me want to go back again
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

thanks for the tips I will let you know how I get on

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowjack View Post
    Nice avatar, whered you get it?
    Have had that avatar since I joined in June 2009.... lol where did you get yours?
    Regards Rod

Another place I have had a ball on the flatties is on the southern side of the Tangalooma resort area where there is a heap of fallen trees and logs and stuff in the water not too far out from shore... I used to flick little Tassie Devil lures around there and would pick flathead up one after another... good fun!
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

Ive heard theres some big snapper of those rock