Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gold Coast Tailor

Gold Coast Tailor

Afternoon all.

Hows the taile fishing on the coast? Any chopper tailor around?
    "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work"

Re: Gold Coast Tailor

There might be but no one is saying as yet

Thanks Chaps,

We've just had a long weekend, and there was no real opportunity to head down and try for myself with this weather.. They will be there - perhaps later in the season - hopefully not to far away. Question is when and how big will the schools be.

MudRiverDan,

Which part of the coast you have been that's been raped and plundered? I'm sure most places have been accept the remote and highly inaccessible areas.

Bondy

jezz,
    Around the end of the north wall and in the north channel but not in plague proportions yet.
    Last edited by mod2; 17-06-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Well im glad to report there is nothing of that proportiion going on up here in Brisbane.

Cheers
    Last edited by mod2; 17-06-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Dan

Well said. Once again sorry if I upset you. Ok lets all move on now, so where are the Tailor??

Quote Originally Posted by Tailorfisho78 View Post
    Dan

Well said. Once again sorry if I upset you. Ok lets all move on now, so where are the Tailor??

Strange, maybe they are late.

The water down that way is still quite warm I notice, maybe the colder currents will bring them.

Cheers

Be interesting to see what happens in the lead-up to the next full moon, taking into account conditions resulting from the last 2 weather events, ie how much (if any) fresh is in the surf, how much the beach conditions have been changed by the large swells etc, and where the baitfish are at, of course!

Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens, I hope the winds and big seas ease ebate for a lengthy period.

Bondy

Im hoping when the westerly winds come in full and things calm down with this erratic weather, schools may start to come through. Also as highlighted above perhaps water temp is not there yet. Lets see.. I might have a crack on the weekend.

Cheers

jezz11,
    You will do better with a Southerly wind or South Easter wind, providing you have white water. Westerlies tend to flaten sea out and makes water too clear. Tailor are ambushers . Thats my experience.

Bondy

Come on tailor, old painless is waiting for you

I had a mate who fished offshore from the Seaway about 2 weeks ago would have only been 4-5km out found a good show on the sounder, dropped down and was getting 60cm tailor, bagged out in 10 min

Quote Originally Posted by seastorm View Post
    I had a mate who fished offshore from the Seaway about 2 weeks ago would have only been 4-5km out found a good show on the sounder, dropped down and was getting 60cm tailor, bagged out in 10 min
    I got my rod, starting to get over a head cold so when are we going? Bondy