Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First fish you ever caught do you rember what it was.

Re: First fish you ever caught do you rember what it was.

bream, beach end of narrabeen lagoon, cork handline, pudding bait. big enough to take home and eat, aged 6.
    yep, hooked from that point on, and still loving it!

Black Bream from the Hutt River on handline. 1 of about a dozen I caught that day. About 5yo.That was it- damage was done.

a bream at Moruya in NSW,1983 i was 4 at the time,my dad said i caught it without any help and its still one of his fav photos.

Big fat whiting with my Dad and Grandad, fishing out of a wooden row boat in the Noosa River, out the back of Grandads house, which was in HKastings St, Noosa. Aged Aout 2. Can vaguely remember crabbing there too, big mud crabs chasing me around the boat.....

Apparently I got bored after catching about half a dozen big ting and had a sleep while the old guys kept catching them.

His block of land went right thru to the river from Hastings St.

Grandad, why did you sell the house at Hastings st before Noosa boomed? I could be driving a 7m Surtees instead of the 5.5.....

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

I was like Noelm,
    I grew up with the water at our back boundary, (Caroline bay, Gosford).
    I cant remember what fish was my first, but to hazzard a guess,
    probably a bream.

What was my first fishing memory???
    Mum setting me up with a bucket of water & a stick with a safety pin on a bit of cotton,
    didnt catch anything but I remember it was fun trying.

Muzz

yep,cracker bream in the brisbane waters,gosford...been hooked ever since,that was 30 yrs ago.
    now up north now,just cracker jacks.............

Under size whiteing at 5yrs at bribie island in 1968 first rod combo for xmass you think it would have been a good legal one back then.

Can't remember - I think it was this trip, was the upper reaches of the Brissy River (when you could walk along with bare feet and not risk being sliced open by a beer bottle) and most likely silver perch on handline with garden worms. Around 1970 I think. Used to get a few too! Dad used to cut my hair, what a shocker!

Scalem

I don't remember the first, but the most significant was a monster Flatty on a handline, my Late Mum taught me how to live bait for. I still remember her showing me how to pin the poddy mullet through the lips, and the utmost importance of letting it swim away with it, and trying to count to 10 before striking. Haha it was agonizing as a kid waiting those 10 seconds haha

Still fish the same way now sometimes, only for fish with big sticks on their noses!

Cheers,
    Myles

P.s my brother and I often used live garden worms with great success on the flatties and cod in Cabbage Tree creek. Couldnt afford to buy "proper" worms
    "Elempi" American Bertram 33, 3208T Caterpillar power

Another one for the old original Woody Pt Jetty. About 5ish I got a pretty good summer whiting on what would have been a little Alvey from my grand father's holiday house on Drake St Woody Pt.

Eels, with piecees of meat bound with cotton on the end of a string.....dozens of them, from the drain at great uncle Reg's farm.

A little bream caught in the river/lake at Tabourie Lake, south coast, nsw. Would have been 4 or 5yo

Flathead while on holidays on sunny coast as 4 year old from Canberra in 1980 . Parents had such a good time we moved to Qld in 1981.

36cm yellowbelly nogoa river in emerald, old man reckons i was 2 it was on worms on a handline under a cork from mums bottle of wine

Silver perch from leslie dam near warwick. I remember dad cooking it up and pretending it was delicious...though now looking back I realise why he covered it in tomato sauce (with the dam around 8% full and blue green algae).

Cheers SCott