Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First fish you ever caught do you rember what it was.

First fish you ever caught do you rember what it was.

Mine was a dirty old catfish, there i was smile from ear to ear like i was the king....
    TEAM F.C.R.

Re: First fish you ever caught do you rember what it was.

I'm told mine was a Butter Bream age 3 off the old Amity Pt jetty, apparently I wet my pants with excitment

I don't remember. It would have been a Tommy or a Garfish, somewhere around Adelaide. I suspect my Mum hooked it and I reeled it in with her help, at age maybe 2 or 3...
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Mine - a tailor
    1st daughter - a bream
    2nd daughter - a spotty mackeral
    Wife - rainbow trout

first i can remember was a little bream from woody pt jetty - caught on a hand line and prawn
    would have been about 5 or 6 then

The first thing caught in my fishing career was my elder brother when I was about 2 1/2-3 so mum says.
    We were fishing in the front drain for tadpoles using some cotton for line, a bit of the Mulberry tree for a rod and a bent safety pin for a hook.

From there I could only work my way up I reckon

First fish I can remember whilst fishing proper like was a little toad fish but it's a bit hard to remember. There's been so many caught between then and now.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Jewie of course,but a soapie from the old Jacobs Well jetty.
    Historian/Collector of Old Sidecast Fishing Reels

Good Keeper whiting. Fishing next to my Mum with an old bamboo rod & plastic reel with cord line. Tangled with old (to me) bloke who told mum off about kids fishing amongst serious fishers & if he lost this fish etc; etc; He packed up & went home when the fish was on my line.

Bit of later starter, but first fish was a decent bream from the wharf, fishing harbour, Brunswick Heads, age 9. The local newspaper photographer took a pic and it ran 2nd page. LOL

I was lucky enough to grow up with water at my back fence (well we did not actually have a fence) , and most of my youg life was spent fishing and crabbbing and just generally messing around in/on the water, probably first fish would have been Mullet or Flathead, we have owned all sorts of rowboats (wooden) and so on since I can remember, I do however remember my very first outboat, it was an old Victa mower engine adapted to some sort of leg setup, that motor would start first time, but bugger me dead, it would never start a second time that day, I learnt to row at a very early age, that motor would take you anywhere, but it was always a very long row home! as I got older my mate and I used to take it out in the ocean, clamped to an old timber row boat, we would happily motor up to the Islands near home, fish for a couple of hours and one of us would start rowing while the other pulled his guts out trying to start the old Victa, those where the days, now we would never go out without a 6m boat, 10 life jackets, a radio, mobile phone, EPIRB, GPS two motors, $3,000 worth of fishing gear, study the weather on line for 2 days and christ knows what else.

Yellow Eye Mullet I think from the Forster Keys when I was 2-3. I still remember it.

Hi
    First fish was redfin out of the irrigation channel next to our house. Fishing rod-- a six foot piece of bamboo with about 4 foot of line, hook and sinker on bottom.

Ronnie

My first fish was a solid redfin of about just under 2 kgs. Caught it on a blank and red Ondex spinner.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Tommy off the Elliston jetty, SA. aged 2. Hooked ever since!

age 4 my first i remember was a bream about 40cm from oyster leases at soldiers point on a old cork handline with my dad then a few flatties from the front lawn (king tides often came to our front door )we were also taught at that age if you keep it you have to eat it