Thread: "2CATS" Port Stephens Black Marlin from Feb 2012

"2CATS" Port Stephens Black Marlin from Feb 2012

Gday,
    One of my crew just uploaded this video to YouTube from our time in Port Stephens in Feb.

Black Marlin to first time Marlin angler Mick Thompson, and first Marlin tag shot and wiring job by Dan Bulger.
    Thanks for the video work Sharon.

Cheers,
    Myles.

"Elempi" American Bertram 33, 3208T Caterpillar power

Re: "2CATS" Port Stephens Black Marlin from Feb 2012

awesome weather/fishen/video all the ingredients for a perfect day, your making me jealous with glass out days like that as there few and far between up here these days, Did you live bait that one or lose a lure?? boat looks great and now i know why your planning your next trip back there.
    cheers Jim

Thanks Jim,
    Yeah mate, it was a cracker of a day. The "worst" it got was 10kts any day we fished there this year. It is gusting over 50kts here right now though!

A live slimy got that one. I have been fishing light leaders so that we can break them off easily after they are tagged from the rod tip.

We caught most of the fish on skip baits, and just switched between pulling 2 skip baits and 2 teasers, and live baiting depending on what we saw on the sounder.

Can't wait to get back up there, too much fun!

Great video and very noice boat Myles

Yes the lighter trace to a livebait - I saw a video once of that being successfully deployed marlin fishing from a canoe - suppose you got the idea from that . . .

Thanks for the thread.

Don't worry about me mate - I am stuck in the house with a bug and drugs today - seems to be affecting my posts too
    Cheers

Trev

sweet footage mate

and to think I should have been there myself.....

best not break my back again

cheers

Yeah Mick, that coulda been you haha