Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Fish

Re: Green Fish

Quote Originally Posted by wamjam View Post
    That's a pretty good day out Steve. All the planets, moons and your tongue must have been lined up that day.... Jamie and I got a 105 and a 108 late one arvo, got chased home by a storm.
    Hey Scott, that wouldnt have been at Panther Rock would it?
    I know it was one of Jamies fave haunts..
    Yeah, just one of those days that shone. Got heaps of yellas too in the one spot along with the cod. Was a big granite rock just below the Hut.
    Might head over there again when it warms up and the water level drops
    Dont get me wrong, I like catching any size fish but I reckon its more of a rush with the big fish.
    Cheers, steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
    It means I had a great day and I caught them in warmer weather as I dont go much on freezing my arse off
    I think somewhere in the fine print there is also something that says you are not supposed to target cod during a closed season?

Cheers.
    Are you implying that I have been targeting cod in the closed season? You cant put a lure on your line and have it saying yellas only or no cod. What cod I/we have caught in the off season was caught chasing yellas.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Hehe, not implying anything Doug.
    You mentioned on the previous page that you can catch cod right through to november.
    C'mon, its no secret that a lot of fishos over there catch cod in a closed season. I know a few of them myself.
    As long as you let them go,right?
    cheers.

Yeah, of course we do let them go if we do catch one in the off season. But I wouldn't keep one over 80cms even if its not in season. Its good to see them swim away, and it feels good too.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
    Hey Scott, that wouldnt have been at Panther Rock would it?
    I know it was one of Jamies fave haunts..
    Yeah, just one of those days that shone. Got heaps of yellas too in the one spot along with the cod. Was a big granite rock just below the Hut.
    Might head over there again when it warms up and the water level drops
    Dont get me wrong, I like catching any size fish but I reckon its more of a rush with the big fish.
    Cheers, steve.
    Not sure about Panther Rock, we got them not far from another rock at Copeton, the water has to be down a fare bit, I won't say its name for two reasons.

I've heard of some good cod being caught occidentally through the closed cod season, must be heart breaking to catch a speckly while targeting yella's.

Scott

Pick a rock, any rock!!
    The dynamics might change a tad now they are changing the spillway at copeton.
    One of my mates mates was showing me a pic of a huge cod they got over that way recently and it was an armfull for two blokes, maybe 80lb, released after a couple of pics.
    I'll be back there again one day.
    cheers.