Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: new pb snap

Re: new pb snap

Quote Originally Posted by AmrK87 View Post
    Dead sticking the plastic what size hook/jig? Nice snapper
    cheers mate. using a 3/8 4/0.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Aewsome Davo congrats mate and thanks for the pic i got it on my pc as my home page lol .The zmans your never going to here the end of this one ROFL. i can see mossys mo twitching from here,i bet your clacker was clacking when it looked like the wheels were going to fall off.
    Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Cracker Snap there Dave, youve made me jealous and even keener to get out than I was ...
    Regards Rod

Quote Originally Posted by blackjew View Post
    Aewsome Davo congrats mate and thanks for the pic i got it on my pc as my home page lol .The zmans your never going to here the end of this one ROFL. i can see mossys mo twitching from here,i bet your clacker was clacking when it looked like the wheels were going to fall off.
    Cheers Rob
    the ticker was tocking mate. never had a rod do that before. looks like the glue between the blank and the seat has failed. was rather alarming at the time. even worse, i have noticed that i caught him on (inadvertently) a barbless hook

Just as i suspected, the poor bugger was definately suffering from suicidal tendencies, probably had a touch of alzeimers as well, the snap was probably not that well either.....ha ha ....cheers, roy

That's a great fish. Might even be more than a PB for you; a PB for Peel

I agree with Castlemain. A PB for Peel? Is it the best Peel snapper caught? Does anyone know of any bigger? I dont recall seeing bigger from those temperamental waters. Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

no. i know firsthand of 10kg and heard of bigger. still room for improvement.

Didn't Why-ting pull a 99 from there.

Quote Originally Posted by OODIES View Post
    Didn't Why-ting pull a 99 from there.
    Yeah think your spot on, it was a nasty looking pre-historic looking monster. Had a bigger knob on it's head than me

Thats an outstanding Snapper Dave. Lets hope you bring your A game to the M&G.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I met a guy who hooked an 11 and 13 kilo from peel to clevland not long ago not shute were but would have been a fight of the ol buggers life. Dont forget that 19 kilo that was hooked middle of bay a few years back and boy that caused a rukas as the port philip bay boys thought it was photo shopped from down there but i can only beleive it was true but saw photo getting around and it was huge from his neck to his ankles and he was a big guy. Cheers DD.....

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Thats an outstanding Snapper Dave. Lets hope you bring your A game to the M&G.
    i've collapsed like a house of cards horse. slept at peel last night for stuff all. wound in a shovel when i woke up this morn (on bait of course) and stuck out the weather till 11.30 this morn for the grand prize of 1 rather large grinner. easy benchmark to beat next week tho i spose.

Well I finally got ya Davo, I pulled 1 nice Sargent baker & an almost edible G-Spot...LOL

Bingo

Nice fish Dave well done

Someone on another thread reckons this is the real pic though

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Netmaker.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	81002
    Cheers

Trev