Thread: What have you Taken Home ?

What have you Taken Home ?

So I leave work this morning after a 12hr nightshift checking what day it is
    Friday the 1st Beauty I'll stop at The Tackle Shop and pick up the new QFM
    30min later I leave with a new 5-9 Berkly Compitition PRO

So what have you guys gone home with after setting out to grab something totally oppisite ?
    Dick

Re: What have you Taken Home ?

Do we include being a bit drunk at a night club in our earlier days? Some that I took home, weren't the original intention!

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Do we include being a bit drunk at a night club in our earlier days? Some that I took home, weren't the original intention!
    Most Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Dicktracey View Post

So what have you guys gone home with after setting out to grab something totally oppisite ?
    Dick
    most of my fishing tackle collection.

Dick
    so. did you actually pick up the qfm or did you forget and now need another visit?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

At one time..went 40k over original budget when buying a boat.

Another instance..rainy Saturday..home show was on. Told the wife we will goand I will buy one of those garage door electric openers. Off we go.

After several hours, we had arranged for a quote for a new pergola ( which we bought), quote for new kitchen fitout (which we bought), all stainless appliances for the new kitchen, new carpet, new drapes.
    Total cost = approx: 60k.

And..did not get the garage door opener as no one there was selling them.

I knew I should never have mentioned going and not been to a home show since.

I went to get some whipper snipper line and came home with a 109.5hp diesel engine weighing well over a ton.....and then had to go to another shop for the whipper snipper cord.
    The Cook and I went looking for 10 acres and brought 60.
    The list is endless.

I can't wait to go truck shopping

But with tackle about the worse I got is I needed a packet of long shank whiting hooks and came home with a box full.
    Oh. near forgot. I stopped at a garbage sale on the way to the rodbuilding school and brought a fishing rod.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Unfortunately my impulse buying begins before i get to the shops..........
    Jack.

Dick
    Geez, I can't go into a tackle shop without coming out with a hell of a lot more than I intended buying. Just recently I went into see if the local shop I always go to had some soft plastics I wanted and come out of there with a $400-00 bait-caster reel and rod combo minus the soft plastics I originally went in there for. Got home and called him then... as it turned out he didn't have them in and had to order some for me.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

The iPad I'm typing on right now

I went to an auction to buy a stainless steel bench to clean fish with, and returned with a 6.3m boat. Still don't have a decent bench to clean my fish with!

Plastics that don't work!

Not so much in the shops but I've been out prawning and brought home a feed of crabs fairly often! Been out chasing sweetlip and come home with mackeral, went west looking for a job and come home 10 yrs later with a missus.

I wish my impluse buy was an isolated case
    Have bought a new Motorbike when shopping for helmet's
    New Boat 60K was in the last yard we looked in while buying 30K second hand ones

Woke up one morning after a bender with Mrs and found a drink coaster in Top Pocket with Flight # s to London