Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unhappy Customer. do not buy at Solar Energy Store

Unhappy Customer. do not buy at Solar Energy Store

Thought I would put a warning out for a business I have recently been dealing with for my father in law. Now my father in law went and orded nearly $4000 worth of gear from this business, a 2kva generator, wind turbine, fridge, led lighting and a couple of regulators, order was placed on the 14th of March 2012. About three weeks later some boxes turned up but they were for another cus, a phone call was made and two days later the courier company took them away.
    A month later and about 20 phone calls we still hadn't recieved any of the order, after been advised to send a fax as the manager wasn't the wind turbine turned up, but only 4 of the 5 boxes were delivered. Three of the boxes had water damage, I opened the boxes to find rusted washes and nuts and rust stains all over the top of the wind turbine. Another couple of phones were made, again the manager wasn't in, after advising the salesperson of the rusted wind turbine he responded by saying "if it works whats the problem". Now you can probably understand the frustration by now, between my wife and I we have phoned this company nearly everyday with no results, the manager is never in and won't return emails and faxes, for which I have lost count on how many we have sent. We have now asked for a refund which has been going for two weeks now and still no response from anyone. This business has no intensions of helping us out, and I don't want anyone to have to go through we we have endured over the last 3 months. If I get banned from the forum for naming this business I really don't care as I feel my fellow 4wd drivers and campers should know about this company.

SOLAR ENERGY STORE

Do not use these guys, they used to be known as LHP (Luxury home products), they also have an ebay store which has some of the worst feedback I have ever seen!!
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 09-06-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Re: Unhappy Customer

I would say straight to Fair Trading with that one as they seem immune to any other approach. Also email them this thread, it may make the manager wake up. Good luck.

You won't get banned, the main thing is to tell the truth.

You wont get banned, look at the Springwood Marine thread.
    Definitely call the Department of Fair Trading in your state and go from there.
    I would send a written letter to them, name and date it. State that you give them 7 days from date of letter to reply or the Department of Fair Trading will be notified.
    They will ask that you do that, so might as well do it now. They will get onto it straight away, generally you will either have your stock or your money within 14 days.

For whats it's worth mate when stuff like this has happened to me in the past I've just gone to my Lawyer/Solicitor and got them to write a letter of demand to the other party.
    There's something about an official looking letter from a Lawyer that seems to gets results.
    Shouldn't cost too much......well, a lot less than $4000.00 anyway but very effective.

As for the manager never being contactable I've got a funny feeling that you've actually probably spoken to him......that's why he's "never in". Doesn't want to deal with it.

MT has given great advice, usually a scarey letter will cost you about $100.00 tops and does give great credence to your resolve to see it through.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

A letter from a good lawyer will cost about $280 (know from experience)
    Call department of fair trading..They have more push then a civil lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    MT has given great advice, usually a scarey letter will cost you about $100.00 tops and does give great credence to your resolve to see it through.
    Wow, you got the number of that person, I would say it might cost a tad more..

oops just read the above post, delete this post if need be

Cheers

Christ i had 3 written for a total of $280.00. They wrote them emailed me a copy to proof read and give them the nod to send them.

I must of got lucky.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Mate, looks like your not the only one having issues with them..

http://www.complaintsboard.com.au/lh...ducts#comments

Regards
    HOnda.

new thread title - Buyers Beware SOLAR ENERGY STORE

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Christ i had 3 written for a total of $280.00. They wrote them emailed me a copy to proof read and give them the nod to send them.

I must of got lucky.
    Dennis Denuto??

For $4000 I would go and visit them face to face.

Internet buying gives some of these businesses too much to hide behind.

I assume you have their address.

If not they are at 1/3 Tollis Place, Seven Hills NSW, 2147

Here is a Google photo of their place:

LHP.jpg

Darren

with a "for lease" sign out the front, that's not looking good. i agree with mr bean though, for $4k i'd be down there, and like has been said contact fair trading to get stuff done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by PADDLES View Post
    with a "for lease" sign out the front, that's not looking good.
    I wondered that too.

But given that Telstra still record that address for the phone number and that there are more units behind theirs (they're unit 1), I reckon it is a fair bet that they are still there.

Could always ring the agents number on the sign I suppose.

Darren

Another job for Mad Mackeral??

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Some people are going to come to a very abrupt ending if karma is right.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good