Thread: TLD for kinggie or samsom

TLD for kinggie or samsom

Please advice is tld 20 2 speed loaded with 50 good enough for kinggie and sampson fish?

Re: TLD for kinggie or samsom

Should be for most but depends on size of fish and country. If you hook a 30kg king or sambo in shallow reef country then you can still get your arse handed to you with 100lb braid locked up. There are some fish out there that will always be better than the equipment.

It will do the job but if you can afford a little extra get the tyrnos.. So much more comfortable. The lever is longer and doesn't sway from side to side as much..

The 2 speeds are a nicely balanced the reel. The high speed of a Tyrnos might be a disadvantage in the early stages of the fight where every metre is critical. Some people struggle with the high speed of a Tyrnos bottom bashing. That said, I mostly use 80lb braid for them on high speed jigging reels and their gear ratios seem like they don't give people too many dramas.

Go hard and use a big heavy leader. They aren't leader shy on jigs or livies.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    The 2 speeds are a nicely balanced the reel. The high speed of a Tyrnos might be a disadvantage in the early stages of the fight where every metre is critical. Some people struggle with the high speed of a Tyrnos bottom bashing. That said, I mostly use 80lb braid for them on high speed jigging reels and their gear ratios seem like they don't give people too many dramas.

Go hard and use a big heavy leader. They aren't leader shy on jigs or livies.
    Smithy, how heavy should the leader be

I use 100lb and still get dusted but anything heavier starts getting hard to tie knots in.