Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: New Colorado: anyone know anything?

Re: New Colorado: anyone know anything?

My son picks up his new Colorado this afternoon, I will tell you how it goes after a while, he got a turbo diesel 4 door 4X4, pretty good buying at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    My son picks up his new Colorado this afternoon, I will tell you how it goes after a while, he got a turbo diesel 4 door 4X4, pretty good buying at the moment.
    Should tow your boat up to 1770 next year no worries Noel!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Woo hoo. Looks like final DUCK just lined up. Bank Manager might have been hiding behind it...

I can get one with leather trim now. I like leather trim! Looks like the Colorado for me, just need that 3.5 ton capacity. I might not buy another trailer boat, but I still might. Hedging my bets I guess.

And before anyone draws any conclusions, it doesn't mean I won't be buying a boat at all, just means it might end up being too large to pull with a car. Something like this perhaps...

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-fo...spx?R=10665890

Thanks Phill for the Birthday wish.
    Got a few ducks i'm trying to line up myself !

Only bloody Politics, Super Trawlers and Ausfish stand in the way ATM !

Damo

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Should tow your boat up to 1770 next year no worries Noel!
    I might suggest that to him, I will fly and meet him there!

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Woo hoo. Looks like final DUCK just lined up. Bank Manager might have been hiding behind it...

I can get one with leather trim now. I like leather trim! Looks like the Colorado for me.
    So has it turned up yet?
    What colour is it??
    Have you scratched it yet???
    How many km's did it have straight from the factory?????
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Just waiting on delivery of two new Toyota 5SDK8's (Bobcats). Once that is done I will get the order done for the car, but it won't arrive until December. My last new car (Cruiser) only had about 20 on the clock from memory, ordered from factory rather than dealer stock, as will my Colorado. It might even have been less, but I will take note. Mumsy tells me it has to be red. Fire Engine friggin' red.
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Placed an order for the Colorado today. Delivery possible (but only possible) for Christmas. Thankfully one with leather trim is on the way for stock, and I'll get that. Otherwise I was going to have to wait until February. It'll be nice to have a fourby again, after all the shit we've been through. I hope the %^cker who sued me and nearly sent me to the wall reads this, because he didn't succeed, and now the boot's gonna be on the other foot.

Good to hear things are looking up Tim. You will stand out in your Fire Engine red 4X. Chuck some lights and a siren on it
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Finally she has arrived!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice colour, should be a nice rig. Wow that bull bar ain't pretty though

looks good tim

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Nice colour, should be a nice rig. Wow that bull bar ain't pretty though
    Thankfully, I don't care about pretty. Other cars looked better, but none could pull 3.5 ton. Pretty much the sole criterion.

I'm impressed with everything but the dash. The dash is yuck. But it's good climbing big carpark kerbs - once you nudge up, it doesn't want to roll back. Carparks were awful yesterday, it was nice to start ignoring islands again! "There's a Police car right there!!!" Howled Mumsy.

Transmission is smooth, and it's grunty. More quiet than I thought, shifting is quick and easy, seats are nice (leather), everything functional - in fact there is some downright clever stuff in there - and rides well. I like it.

I should add that there is less turbo lag than I had in the 200 Series Cruiser, and IT wasn't bad at all.

Yeah that was one thing I didnt like on the Colorados was the dash layout but other than that very nice car. Some nice bars from ARB and TJM for them now anyway. Colorados arent the only ute rated @ 3.5t towing, all Rangers built after Nov 12 are now 3.5t towing as well.

Clocked up 10,000 km on my PX XLT - thing is a weapon with lots of fruit and tows brilliantly.Love the anti roll back on the ramp. I see the new Ford Atlas concept F150 has a lot of new fruit - trailer hitch assist etc. Hope either that makes it way down here in the next few years or the tech flows down.

It's funny, the Ford bloke never told me that. I ordered in November after doing the research in July or thereabouts, but I'm happy with the purchase.

I wonder what changes Ford made, or did they up the spec just to match? It matters not...

After 500 odd k's (none off road yet) I am impressed. Very, very smooth, the 6 speed box is a marvel and it has power to spare. My mate the Sales Manager at Toyota took it for a spin and was amazed, almost ashamed. We agreed he can try it again at 80,000 kms, to see how well it holds together, but right now it shits on the Hi-Lux!

Only fault was that the silly bastards didn't connect the fog lamps. I plugged them in...