Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Colorado: anyone know anything?

Re: New Colorado: anyone know anything?

G'day

So Timmy, are you as special as I am yet? Get a chance to see a Colorado in the flesh? Or are you reeeeeeeally special and did you get a test drive?

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    So what's the definition of some luxury and spartan?

The dash of the Landy looks OK to me but it may not have enough fake wood or fake carbon fibre
    I happen to think Landys are as dodgy as all get up. Rattly, unreliable and expensive to fix. I would sooner waste my money on a Landy as piss into the wind wearing my best suit.
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Thanks for posting that up Timmi - now thats one sweet shot

Cheers

EDIT- you didnt it was Finga I see - thanks Finga. I am still laughing about the faux wood and carbon fibre comment...priceless!!
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Only thing missing Finga is the fluffy dice....
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Thanks for posting that up Timmi - now thats one sweet shot

Cheers

EDIT- you didnt it was Finga I see - thanks Finga. I am still laughing about the faux wood and carbon fibre comment...priceless!!
    I was going to photoshop the steering wheel and see if people could pick the brand. But I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Only thing missing Finga is the fluffy dice....
    Yep. You definitely need something handy to wipe your hands on after you've helped everyone out of a bog.
    It gets a bit tedious helping everyone after awhile.
    Mud normally sticks like poo to a blanket and isn't nice on the steering wheel.

So Timi...When was the last time you were in a Landy??
    The one I went for a ride in about 3 weeks ago definitely didn't rattle.
    And as for repair costs. What's the price of a set of filters or a set of brake pads for both??
    Ah, but yes. A Landy can't be considered. Sure they're 3.5tons towing capacity. But that is for a 6 speed manual transmission. They don't have auto's by the looks and that's a part of the selection criteria wasn't it.
    I wonder what the towing capacity is for the manual Colorado??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

My brother has owned a 4wd mod and service business for 16 years - he has said many times that Jeep then Toyota are the dearest for parts.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Timi,
    Just following your thread and comments re the tundra. I'm shopping OS for a new rig to tow the cat. Had started eyeing off the Tundra as they had tow weights of over 4.5t in the US. Where did you here 3.5t herre.

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Timi,
    Just following your thread and comments re the tundra. I'm shopping OS for a new rig to tow the cat. Had started eyeing off the Tundra as they had tow weights of over 4.5t in the US. Where did you here 3.5t herre.

Brett
    My Toyota Sales Manager (who reads here quite a bit, fishing crazy he is) told me that when they (Tundras) are re rated for Australia they get a 3.0 ton tag. Be careful! He may or may not be right, but we had moved on in the discussion from 'Cruiser or Hi-Lux, and had discusssed me bringing the Colorado in for him to have a squizz. Of course his info is probably not complete, but well worth checking into.

Have you seen a Colorado yet Timi?

Can I ask a question?
    Why would you take the Holden Colorado for the Toyota person to take a squizz at?

The Toyota bloke is mate of mine. He's sold me 4 cars over the years, and he's a keen bay Snapper Fisherman. I'd gladly take the car for him to see because he's my mate.

Yes I have driven one, today. Very impressed with the grunt - it feels like it will pull like a truck. I can have one for a few hours next month so I can try it on the highway. Thus far it has ticked the boxes, though I must agree with a point below that the dash is a bit "how's yer father." But it's not that bad either. With a bullbar, tow kit, tray liner and a lift it will be capable, very capable.

Tim - is he saying you could get Toyota to import a Tundra or do it yourself?

One on display at Petrie Holden as i drove past not 5 minutes ago. Bit girlish looking.....
    Jack.

No he was talking about self imports. Toyota won't bring them in.

Girlish? Nah, they look a bit more purposeful than the "old" Colorado, imo. THAT was a girlish car, but then you can tell, Lucky Phill bought one.

3.5t behind a small 4wd..recipe for disaster..tail waggng the dog routine.

BUT..if you want to tow 3.5t and some luxury..there is only one answer:
    Attached Images Attached Images

That one's down Redland Bay way isn't it matey??
    There was one shooting past where The Cook had her horses and she wanted one right or wrong. But I didn't think it was that high.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    With a bullbar, tow kit, tray liner and a lift it will be capable, very capable.
    Pity with all the extra weight and a tank of fuel and a driver you won't be able to tow 3,500kg.