Thread: Ep85r

Ep85r

gday guys iam on a search for some info. i have a hds5 interfaced to my yam f60 all working fine. ive now added a ep85r i enter in the info (tank size 60lt single motor) it shows on the data soures and device list.when the motor is running i seem to get all the fuel info but the digital displays reads 100% fuel level even if i add 30lt fuel it still reads 100% been stuffing around for 3 days now on and off and iam at a loss have i missed something any help would be great cheers.

Re: Ep85r

You need to go into your network menu, data sources, and set the EP 85 as the data source for the fuel data you require, that should fix it.

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

thanks moonlighter will try tonight.ok i tried what u said but i still cant get it to work there are many options to choose from played with them all could u walk throught it a bit slower cheers.

Ok, when you add fuel to the tank, do you go into the fuel menu on the HDS and reset the tank to full?
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Here is some info I posted to another site when I had an issue with my Ep85r, it may assist.

For the benefit of anyone searching for similar issues I finally got to the bottom of this. I took Sams advice and contacted Navico, who althoiugh sympathetic were unable assist other than sending me a software update which didnt help. It looked like I was going to have to spend another $160 getting a new EP-85r to see if that fixes the problem because Navico do not have the ability/ desire to test mine if I sent it to them.

I continued to scour the 'book of knowledge' and came across an obscure reference to 'instances' under the data field, on the Bass boat central forums(usa). The post refered to the instances must be set to 000, the value for my Ep85r was 000 but my etec ecm showed 001, I changed this value because I had nothing to lose and althought a warning came up saying the world would end sooner than expected, it worked! Everthing back to normal. The only thing I can put it down to is a recent service where the mechanic would have used the same port for his computor as I have the interface cable connected to.

I know this is long winded but there will be someone in the world with a problem like mine and this may assist them fixing it.

Brett

thanks kinrosed found your post and first thing i checked was the instances all 000 there.moonlighter it is configured to be a 60lt tank so when i go ito the fuel menu for refuel on the hds and input 30lt it still shows 100% dig display.

Does it show the correct litres used and remaining in the tank?

If so, just ignore the % fuel reading. You don't need it anyway if you can get actual litres remaining. You can just edit that page and change the % remaining box to litres remaining and it's all good. To be honest, I have never looked at % remaining on any of my screens for that exact reason.

Generally, the % fuel remaining reading is drawn from a fuel gauge sending unit and that is probably the default setting for this item. Thats why i said that you need to go into the data sources menu, find the % fuel remaining item, and set the data source to be the EP85. Were you able to do that?

Cheers

ML

i think i understand what u are saying it will show fuel remaining in Lt and as a % but the thing is it thinks its got a full tank 60lts so it is taken off the 60lts even if i only input 30lt cheers.

OK, maybe the problem is with how you have done the refuel process.

This is how it should be done.

When you refill the tank to full, you then go into the fuel menu and select refuel. Then highlight the "set to full" button and then next. It will offer the option to recalibrate, ignore that and complete the process. The important bit is that you must not put anything into the " fuel added" box during this process.

The only time you ever put anything into the fuel added box is if you do a partial fill, where you don't fill the tank to the top but just add say 20 litres to bring it's up to say 2/3 full.

Let me know if you have been doing it the way I have described that it should be done, and if doing it properly fixes it. If not, Maybe best to PM me and we can have a chat over the phone to see if we can't figure it out easier that way. Then I can get into my boat and be looking at my HDS at the same time we are talking, might help to walt things thru that way.

Cheers

ML

thanks moonlighter will go through it today and let u know.