Thread: Info Re Goldy Game Fishing Clubs

Info Re Goldy Game Fishing Clubs

G'day all, i am considering joining either the gold coast game fishing club or the surfers paradise game and sportfishing club. Essentially to get a bit better hooked into the goldy game fishing scene which is hard to do living in toowoomba. Figured i'd join for a year, proably make the trip down every second meeting or something like that and see what i get out of it. I'm thinking the below is what i'm after from a club

1. Develop a few mates/network close to the action so i have better info to work with in terms of making the effort to go fishing from up here.

2. Looking for maybe a dedicated trailerboat section given trailerboat gamefishing is what i'd lke to do more of

3. Make friends, good times, participate as much as practical

4. Learn from the pro's

Can anyone tell me anything about these 2 clubs in terms of what i am after?

Scott

Re: Info Re Goldy Game Fishing Clubs

both great clubs mate an both have people with a wealth of knowledge, gcgfc has its meetings on the first wednesday of every month usually have a speaker or presentation of some sort along with a few beers,spgsfc is more trailer boat orientated so I'm told an also has a bunch of friendly ppl aswell either way u go you can learn plenty from the club members an make new fishing mates. im always looking for someone to come out game fishing send me a pm if your interested mate

Re: Info Re Goldy Game Fishing Clubs

Flip a coin time. I am an ex GCGFC member but am now a SCGFC member. Was a dual member for a bit but living here it is not worth being a member down there. In the old days I would have 100% been a GCGFC member as SPGSFC had a 1/3 points rule if you livebaited and you had to be in gear, no drifting. I think they have relaxed that but you would have to check. SPGSFC are a bit more lure orientated having been set up by a lure manufacturer.