Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cabarita Greenbak Tailor Comp 9th-10th of june

Re: Cabarita Greenbak Tailor Comp 9th-10th of june

How did you guys go? I foul hooked a mullet, only action for me. I think I should have travelled further south

Other contestants still there trying to catch one I think

I heard that somebody with a 4.9kg tailor got booted for an old fish being weighed in ? any truth in that boys ?
    what fish won it

I heard that somebody with a 4.9kg tailor got booted for an old fish being weighed in ?

Yep , lot of that going on , heard of some cowboy on a kayak trying to weigh in a 20k longtail

and some other dreamer trying to weigh in a Jew he got last week

Some people !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah they had the 4.8kg tailor up on the leaderboard for a while. Then they disqualified him, you could tell it wasn't fresh because the gills were pink and not bright red and the eyes had sunken a little. Good on them for picking it up. That's the trouble when you offer $1,500 for a fish i suppose, people will try anything. A 2.7kg model won it. Interestingly the jew that won was only 3.8kg and it was caught at South Wall ballina on the high tide where i was fishing. I ended up with 5 tailor (1 o.k one, mostly choppers) a bream and a snapper from the wall. Let's just say the conditions were 'testing' to say the least.

Childers, that looks like the same jew you caught last time.

braders83,

What time of night did the tailor came on, there were none where I was, I was informed later that same night I should have been at Ballina's southwall, shit happens. You would have had a few good waves being open to the elements.

Bondy

big $$$ = cheating . not very big fish were they . should be some good jewies around now with this rain although i did fish the north wall bruns today and didn't even get a bite !!
    plantey of guys chucking lures and worms but didnt see a thing cought apart from a cold !!

Bondy,
    I only got 1 tailor before dark. The high tide at night i got the snapper. The rest of the tailor came on the chew on Sunday morning about 6.30am. Was a bit of a dash to get back for the 10am weigh in. Yes did cop a couple of waves on the high tide, the surge from the swell was almost unfishable. When the rain came about 1am i pulled the pin and went back to the car. I'm keen but not THAT keen. I guess the good thing is hopefully there should be some good fish over the next couple of weeks.

Tough nights fishing we were down around Evans an managed 8 bream but no winners and a mixed bag of fish that arent in the comp, the overall number and quality of fish was down, still had a great time.
    Shame about the person cheating but thats people.
    I know the group I fish with are keen as for next year the tough years and conditions are what makes this comp special you cant wait for better conditions you just have to tough it out, my son (12yrs old) fished 15 hours this year for 5 bream and a couple of sharks an amazing effort.

Sh*t 3.8kg jew..I let one go bigger than that yesty arv

Quote Originally Posted by braders83 View Post
    Bondy,
    I only got 1 tailor before dark. The high tide at night i got the snapper. The rest of the tailor came on the chew on Sunday morning about 6.30am. Was a bit of a dash to get back for the 10am weigh in. Yes did cop a couple of waves on the high tide, the surge from the swell was almost unfishable. When the rain came about 1am i pulled the pin and went back to the car. I'm keen but not THAT keen. I guess the good thing is hopefully there should be some good fish over the next couple of weeks.
    braders83,

Bit of a bummer but that's fishing hey. Hmmm, perhaps it might have been wiser if I went down Saturday arvo and camped at the spot I was in and hit the bugger Sunday morning. The area I was at is protected from the bulk of waves and wind, I'll go down there again about 2 days before the full moon , hoepfully weather wont be as wild nor raining.

Bondy

Predictable outcome....

I have been fishing down that way for some time now.

Definitely a raped coastline.

Going back to Black Rock on next full moon, should get a few then.

Bondy