Thread: Braid colour varieties

Braid colour varieties

It seems there are a number of different colours and some multi-colours available. Does anyone find there are colours that work better than others? I am guessing that the least visible in the water would be better. Any experience with this would be appreciated. I fish both freshwater and offshore. I would like to try something other than the mono I've used for years.

Re: Braid colour varieties

Quote Originally Posted by greyfox View Post
    It seems there are a number of different colours and some multi-colours available. Does anyone find there are colours that work better than others? I am guessing that the least visible in the water would be better. Any experience with this would be appreciated. I fish both freshwater and offshore. I would like to try something other than the mono I've used for years.
    There is a number of different types also not just colours. Some people prefer over others. I was an avid firleline fan but have moved over to the PE braids as they are a finer material and get more on the spool and I feel are a better braid than others I have used. It comes down to preference as to what feels better for you. i.e knot tying, how it runs through your guides, some more supple and affect by wind easier than others. I would be going with working out which braid type as the colours don't really mean squat when your running as FC leader or maybe a shock leader also if offshore. I love the multicolour one I have on my 3000 which changes colours every 10 meters which I find hand when fishing as to see where I am in the water coloumn. It is a diawa pe that isn't cheap but it was the only one I could find in the short time I had where the spools were greater than 150 meters. I would recommend the sunline PE braid as worth a look as I despise fins which has shat itself on me numerous times, "windtamer my @ss" hehehe. So in short its such a large market with quality and braid type a big factor in my choices.
    Best of luck.