Thread: Penn International 50w.

Penn International 50w.

Hi i have one of the above reels and the handle is siezed. I have had it soaking in WD40 for weeks with only a little improvement if any... i have downloaded a manual or 2 and it seems they must have modified the handle over the years due to this problem...mine has a rivet and bush type arrangement which i would have to grind off to get to the source of the problem. It seems the newer ones have a srew type set up to ease dismantling and fixing... has anyone ever had this prob before on an International or does anyone know anyone who would sell parts? Thanks for any advice....

Re: Penn International 50w.

Hi Paulee,
    Get onto the Alan Tani website in the US. He is the man with any reel questions...the tutorials are fantastic. Www.alantani.com

Cheers, Mike

Mate go to the web site for Anglers Central and you can order parts for Penn Reels
    Where do you live as I am happy to order the parts for you
    Contact me on 0427832618

Ken
    Frazorodz Rodz & Reelz Repairz

Inters are a very simple reel, not too sure there was ever a problem with the handle seizing up, can you better explain what you mean, as in, the handle wont turn, you cant get the handle off etc, you will be able to pull it to bits with your eyes closed, they are that simple.