Thread: Sunshine Coast Jew

Sunshine Coast Jew

Hi all,

Any reports of jew being caught. Mostly curious about the beach but i would love to hear about any reports. I know this season-winter will be great for the Maroochy River.

Fishinwahbee

Re: Sunshine Coast Jew

been pretty quiet last few trips...we were getting a few every trip...last trip all i was getting were catfish on gold tiger blades in my fav spot..
    at least the bait fish are coming back in so they should be around...be home by the end of the month and will be chasing some tailor down the river mouth..
    just spent a week in townsville working and going down the ross river weir after work and was pretty quiet there to...heaps of barra jumping and hitting bait but all i had with me was a samaki/corvalus baitcaster combo i picked up with one popper

your still chasing that elusive big jew, are you mate. good on you, it takes alot of time and patience, but you seem to have it. just keep trying and dont give up. good luck with it and im sure its not far away.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Cool Re: Sunshine Coast Jew

well iwas chasing flatty n grunter last week up bli-bli way at secret spot with prawns n yabbies and anchored at a deepish hole and was jigging the yabbies a bit ! caught six schoolies in 20 minutes only two keepers ! ive not caught em on yabbies before mainly on worms! ill good luck be trying that again !
    don't take life to seriously no one gets out alive anyway l !

Quote Originally Posted by astro66 View Post
    been pretty quiet last few trips...we were getting a few every trip...last trip all i was getting were catfish on gold tiger blades in my fav spot..
    at least the bait fish are coming back in so they should be around...be home by the end of the month and will be chasing some tailor down the river mouth..
    just spent a week in townsville working and going down the ross river weir after work and was pretty quiet there to...heaps of barra jumping and hitting bait but all i had with me was a samaki/corvalus baitcaster combo i picked up with one popper
    Hiya astro,just curious at what size blades you are using on the jew?
    Cheers,Gav.

i have been getting the up past coolum creek mate on plastics nothing over 73cm but but good fun on six pound i am sure live bait at night u would get a few good ones for sure but some big wood floating around still

Hi Fishinwahbee,
    Inside the back page of todays Sunshine Coast Daily you will see me with a nice black jew caught at the outer gneerings hopefully the first of many this winter ..

Scoot