Thread: 24kg Jigging Combo from the Downriggershop

24kg Jigging Combo from the Downriggershop

I saw this combo at the Tinny and Tackle show; it’s the Daiwa Exceler 4500T reel and rod, no name brand. Sold by The down rigger shop in NSW.

It looked and felt like a really good combo for the price. Would like to know if anyone has used them here in QLD and what you think of the combo?
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Re: 24kg Jigging Combo from the Downriggershop

Hey MB,
    I haven't used the exceler personally but everyone that i know that has had one has had to have had the bearings replaced. IMO i would look spending a little more coin, and get something like the 8000 saragosa you can land one for around the $250 mark from the states, they will smoke an exceler. I would be a bit skeptical on the braid, no name braid can be a bit hit and miss, the diawa boat braid is well worth a look at. The rod that you use will depend on the type of jigging that you do.
    If you could streach the budget out to around the $470 you would be able to get the saragosa, 300m 55lb boat braid, and a saltiga jigging rod (JG-511HFS). There are alot of other options out there as well, i would be interested to hear other peoples opinions.
    Don’t take life too seriously, It isn’t permanent