Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2008 patrol engine conversion

2008 patrol engine conversion

How's it going guys

Been awhile since my last post, now living on the west coast.
    Monday begins the engine conversion on my 2008 3l CRD patrol wagon. I will be replacing it with a 6.0l LS2 V8. The plan is to get the diesel motor out on Monday and then start the smaller things before dropping the new motor in. I will be dropping both fuel tanks, flushing them out and then replacing the fuel pump/sender with one from a 4.8l petrol patrol.
    I will also be adding reduction gears to the transfer case. The wiring harness will be sent off to get modified to suit and a custom ally radiator dropped in to replace the factory one. I will also be replacing the factory front seats with a set of recaros. The verdict is still out on whether or not the supercharger is bolted on.

Watch this space for pics and info
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing rods.

Re: 2008 patrol engine conversion

Nice!

Was the 3litre buggered?

Nah nothing wrong with it just decided I was sick of the lack of power.
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing rods.

frikkin hell, you're not going to suffer from a lack of power any more.

Can't wait,

That will be a nice rig mate, I have got the 3 litre CRD aswell, not the quickest of things are they haha.

Should be good when its all done, a mate dropped a 350 Chev V8 in a 64 Landcruiser in the 80s.It looked like rubbish but went like the wind.I bet you are excited !.

Yeah I can't wait. I've been trying to find an excuse to start and pull the motor out but I decided I'd keep the car on the road as-long as possible once finished should safely get 350 at the wheels I've seen 550 ( supercharged) at the wheels but things start to go bang. I will try and post everything as I go and will def put the dyno sheet up when I'm done.
    I wish I had pics of the other one as it looks factory ( the owner is helping me out and loaning a hoist and work shop space).

You will get close with the LS2. I made 320bhp with 33's in my patrol. LS1.

Quote Originally Posted by Giffo65 View Post
    Should be good when its all done, a mate dropped a 350 Chev V8 in a 64 Landcruiser in the 80s.It looked like rubbish but went like the wind.I bet you are excited !.
    If you think the 350's in the 80's went well. The 350's these days blow them out of the water.

i agree ben, what was a full house v8 with plenty of work in the 80's is now "off the shelf" horsepower

Yep, worked 350 on lpg and 20k worth of internals = 220hp. Stock as a rock Gen 3 with extractors and tune = 320hp. And huge difference in fuel eco, even on lpg.

Well started getting everything ready for Monday the hoist is now clear and the tools are ready to go. Still undecided though on whether it is worth bolting the supercharger on or not.
    Have also lined up the recaros to bolt in and some long range tanks to go in thinking of chucking in a set of 45mm tough dog adjustable shocks and flexi coils at the same time.

Do it.. Put the blower on. You know you want to! You will find yourself losing sleep at night wishing you had put it on

yep agree....blow it

A mate has a patrol, not sure of the year model, his is fitted with the earlier GM 5.7 with twin turbo's.