Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2008 patrol engine conversion

Re: 2008 patrol engine conversion

WOW they are really nice looking tyres there.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Cheers Goodoo, wasn't 100% sure on what I wanted when I ordered these but very impressed and glad I got them.
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing rods.

Yeah, they look good. How much did they cost you if you dont mind me asking?
    Cheers, Doug.

They ended up costing $520ea fitted and balanced for a 35/12.5R17
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing rods.

The front bash plate arrived today. 5mm thick doesn't look like anything could hurt it.

What's that bash plate made out of Russ?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

It's 5mm steel and silver zinc electroplated.

Just finished painting it black and then I'll put 4-5 Coats of clear on

Ive got a little 80's model hilux that i shoot out of with a rover aluminium v8 in it.That thing without the shooting rack on the back will spin up to fourth gear without a problem.Dellows kit has been faultless till recently where i am not getting enough throw from the slave.I couldnt imagine putting an engine like yours in it. The doof doof kids get real pissed now when an old hilux flogs them at the lights lol.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have ordered some diff armour and will be doing the wiring this weekend. Here are a few pics from along the way.

The weekend saw the patrol a few steps closer to completion.

On Saturday I removed the lift and took off the light bar and rear work lights ready for the pits, I also fitted the front bash plate.
    I also took some more pics of the exhaust, seeing as I didnt get any during fabrication.

Sunday saw the fitting of the wiring harnesses and wiring up 99% of the car. The fuel tank was dropped and the new sender and pump fitted and the extra wiring ran. The computer was fitted after a custom mount was fabbed and the wiring for the trailer brakes was ran.

During the day the Heater hoses, and intake mountings were test fitted.

Last night was a magical night, the car was fired up for the first time, just waiting to get the security removed from the ECU so we can kick it over using the key lol

Well she is all tuned and running sweet as just need to re gas the aircon tomorrow and then she is coming home.

What an epic 3 months.

Vids to follow

Congrats mate. I hope it is as good as you thought it would have been if not better.
    Cheers, Doug.

Well I've had the rig on the road for a week now, currently I am getting about 18L/100km however it is currently setup and tuned to get over the pits, once passed we have more freedom to play around and we should be seeing figures around 14-15L/100km.

Here is a pic with all the armour on the front end

Sent while temporally motionless