Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2008 patrol engine conversion

Re: 2008 patrol engine conversion

Supercharge for sure - I have had supercharged petrols and they are a very good thing.

The only thing holding me back from throwing the blower on is the extra testing the vehicle needs to do to get signed off
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing rods.

Today the conversion began managed to get a solid 2 hours work done this Arvo

Will post more pics and descriptions as I go
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing rods.

I guess you get some decent coin for your motor to offset the cost rather than if it as rootxd.
    Is it rude to ask your budget?

I have 20k put aside plus the 4k from the sale of my engine. I don't expect it to come even close to 24k but I'd rather over budget just in case.
    Once I'm finished I'll break down the costs

Have you spoken to an engineer about getting this approved yet? It used to be illegal to put an older engine in a newer vehicle but that changed for engines produced after 1997 and now you must use the emission control gear off the newer engine of the two. What year model ls2 are you using?

We have done this conversion to a few cars now and have used the same engineer don't think we will have any problems.

The new motor has arrived and I am hoping to get started next week.
    ( waiting on workshop space) will be sure to update as I go

I look forward to reading the outcome as you go along with the installment.

Cheers, Doug.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

A quick update, the wiring looms from both motors are over east being spliced together. Unfortunately the workshop I'm using is closed for a few weeks so nothing further will get done until next month

Still waiting for the harness to come back, but in the mean time the long range tank has been fitted

Here are a few pics of the new motor. The new sump is on and the altenator has been relocated

wow you wont know your patrol with that in it lol.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

The motor has now gone in and awaiting all the little jobs