Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Live bait grounds Morton and north stradbroke

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

Re: Live bait grounds Morton and north stradbroke

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Should have told him earlier so he had something to read in the sin bin.
    Yeah I know,but hey if ol mate knew how to address people he would have got some info not a whole lot of bupkiss.I hope he gets some manners.Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF

Quote Originally Posted by bigjimg View Post
    To draw your attention to a couple of publications that are out there re GPS marks: 500 Hot Fishing Spots & GPS Coordinates Cairns to Byron Bay.I've had this book for quite a few years and has plenty of marks for inside the bay and beyond.You would do yourself a favour to hunt one of these books down.I see the Mods have been busy.Jim
    Wouldn't be a Couple if there were not two now would it; 250 GPS Coordinates Tweed Heads to Gladstone & Beyond.....It says here "Putting You on the Big Fish"....... There you go.....

Jim, this is the book I started with and there are good fish to be found around these areas. This is where spending time on the water, searching and sounding new ground and using fuel (for those that don't know how these things work) is how you find those special marks. This is how it works for those uneducated people that like to hitch a ride with others and "borrow" marks.

I've said enough.

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

There is so much going on around you while on the water it pays to keep your eyes peeled while travelling.If you see birds circling,turtles taking a breath.or a pod of dolphins arching their backs on the surface it pays to stop and sound around.I have found spots this way over the years that produce the goods.So sometimes Mother nature will give you the answers to your questions as well.I never fish with boats around me and as soon as they appear around me offshore I'm gone.Another good piece of kit if you have a chartplotter is the Bathymetric charts,they show the bottom contours in detail and can indicate possible fish holding ground...Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF

The thing about fishing outside in that real big ocean is that tides and current move bait and fish around were the food for the bait has gone so does the bait and the fish [food chain]the tides and currents cover and uncover ground depending on the tides and currents ,on some a mark the fish caught on that day can be totaly different a week or 2 later and how it fishes in winter is different to how it fishes in summer and then theres the wind direction to consider,as well as haveing a heap of GPS marks you should have a diary to log condicions for that mark or a spread sheet,were would everyone be if there were no good sounders and GPSs it would have to be done on time traveled and DR [dead recconing] and land marks like the old days and a old paper sounder.

How is Timmy Boy ? Does he still have the Cruise Craft Outsider???

Who me? ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by nowornever1972 View Post
    Who me? ha ha