Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Queenslander

Well done NSW. You narrowly avoided snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Good to see you breaking the habit of nearly a decade. It will make our Qld victory so much sweeter... Especially at home.

Just watched the game at the Booze Cruise bar in Nha Trang Vietnam. Was a great experience, pitty about the result and refereeing

At least I have tickets to the third game. The price of them just went up 300% :-)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1339591836.574592.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1339591862.234453.jpg

As a added bonus, kick off was about 5:00pm

Re: Queenslander

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    ok..here is the opportunity for the NSW supporters. You can choose your excuse for losing now:
    1. Video ref stuff up
    2. Ref stuff up
    3. Touch Judge stuff up
    4. Weather
    5. Sticky Ricky
    6. Illegal play from Qld
    7. Qld were just the better side on the night.

I'll take 2, 5 and 6 as excuses for not winning by more lol

Oh, I forgot. Uata only scored 1 try for queensland tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Media Alert

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Following is an outline of Game Day colour activity for Game 2 of the 2012 Harvey Norman State of Origin Series at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium today.

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the wet weather the NSW Police v QLD Police match scheduled for 4.15pm at ANZ Stadium has been relocated to WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah at 3pm (NOT 2pm as per advice yesterday).

SUPPORTERS From 4.30pm Allphones Arena, Sydney Olympic Park Official meeting point for Blatchey’s Blues fans Contact Dan Blatch 0404 764 830 From 5.00pm The Brewery Hotel, Sydney Olympic Park Maroon Crusade fans gather Sylvia Ng 0412 066 232 5.50pm Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park NSW VB Blues Bus Trip from Pullman Hotel to ANZ Stadium PRE-MATCH ENTERTAINMENT – SOUND CHECK 2.15pm

*Media entry via loading dock off Edwin Flack Ave; parking available at keyhole western side of Stadium ANZ Stadium – northern end Pre-game entertainment sound check – Seal *NB media opportunity may change if weather is bad, so pls call Tracie Edmondson to confirm 0416 258 342 Sound check starts 1.30pm; vision available at 2.15pm and quick grab, weather permitting 2.30pm ANZ Stadium Anthem artist sound check – Lucy Durack (lead from “Legally Blonde” musical) Vision; interview opportunity 3.00pm ANZ Stadium MC rehearsal – Vince Sorrenti Vision; interview opportunity 3.30pm ANZ Stadium Police Guard rehearsal Vision; interview opportunity

GAME DAY – WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah 3.00pm (not 2pm as per advice Tues) NSW Police v QLD Police* *Due to the wet weather this match has been relocated from ANZ Stadium to WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah

GAME DAY – ANZ Stadium 5.30pm Gates open 5.50pm Curtain-raiser kick-off,

U18 State of Origin, NSW v QLD 6.48pm Coin toss – captains Paul Gallen and Cameron Smith

7.10pm Full-time – U18 State of Origin,

NSW v QLD 7.43pm Pre-game entertainment – Seal performs “Crazy”

7.55pm Chuck the Police dog arrives with game ball in Police helicopter, along with handler Sgt Tony Irons and bravery award winner Snr Const. Luke Warburton; ball collected by NSW legend Brad Fittler

8.08pm Anthem artist – Lucy Durack (lead from “Legally Blonde” musical)

8.10pm Harvey Norman State of Origin Series,

Game 2 kick-off:

NSW VB Blues v QLD XXXX Maroons

8.55pm Half-time: NSW VB Blues v QLD XXXX Maroons

9.10pm 2nd half: NSW VB Blues v QLD XXXX Maroons

9.55pm Full-time: NSW VB Blues v QLD XXXX Maroons

Tissues all round.
    Did you get your tissues phill?

NSW played better that game..but one game does not make a series. Qld to go 7-0

I agree Greg. That was a cracking game with some big hits. no matter the result still way ahead of game one. Now for game three. Should be great. We have learnt a lot as NSWelshmen over the last 2 games. You can score tries off knock ons and you can hold someone back from scoring a definate try (Wally Lewis' words) and only get 10 minutes with no points against you. Should have won buy at least another 6 points and even another 10 if we could find someone who could kick a goal. That Thurston is a freakish goal kicker. Best in the game by a country mile (now that hassam retired)

Well said PinHead!!!!!!

It sure was a hard tough match the players from both sides must be feeling like they were run over buy a fleet of Mack trucks this morning.

Bring on Brisbane!!!!!!

QUEENSLANDER
    Cheers Axl

Congrats! But you still sound like your Whinging and whining,. must be in the water down there.LOL. Never seen Qld play so disjointedly in years and still only down by 1 try. Look out next time.

The past means nothing, your as good as your last performance, which is blues WINNERS toads LOSERS!!!

Just got QLD on a off night.Few of them were playing injured.Blues just got luck of the bounce,if Hayne had dropped ball instead & Tate had scored.Very different outcome.
    Bring on game 3.
    You will see a very improved QLD side to say the least.
    I hope they give Farrah a heap of face massages as well,for payback.

Whinge whinge wat if wat if.
    Quote Originally Posted by ovakil View Post
    Just got QLD on a off night.Few of them were playing injured.Blues just got luck of the bounce,if Hayne had dropped ball instead & Tate had scored.Very different outcome.
    Bring on game 3.
    You will see a very improved QLD side to say the least.
    I hope they give Farrah a heap of face massages as well,for payback.

Quote Originally Posted by ranga7 View Post
    The past means nothing, your as good as your last performance, which is blues WINNERS toads LOSERS!!!
    thanks for the chuckle ranga..the cockies win one game ( and they were the better team for that game) and the cockies think they have landed on Mars.

For your education..Lesson 1.State of Origin is about winning the series..a series consists of three games..the team that wins monst games in that series wins that series. Now it is only 3 games, so i reckon even the dumbest cockie could follow that but apparently not.

Lesson 2..the current state of play is that Qld have won the past 6 series (if you remember from lesson 1, a series is the winner of best of three games). I have 2 granddaughters who have not been alive long enough to know what a NSW series win is.

See..it is rather simple to follow. I am gld NSW finally puit some starch in their game..was good to watch the game played as it should be..fast and furious and no quarter given.

I have now put some new batteries in my crystal ball. ..my prediction..NSW cannot play any better..Qld did not play well. Game 3..Qld by 12 points.

If NSW should jag game 3 then I guess lots of families in NSW will be grieving..with 50000 Qld fans at Suncorp..the words of the late Jim Morrison ring true.."No one gets out alive".

Quote Originally Posted by the lump View Post
    You can score tries off knock ons and you can hold someone back from scoring a definate try (Wally Lewis' words) and only get 10 minutes with no points against you. Should have won buy at least another 6 points and even another 10 if we could find someone who could kick a goal.
    Dont forget that other thing you have learnt; that you can run in into a melee and punch someone in the back of the head and only get ten minutes and also you can pass the ball forward all freaking night without a penalty. I thought ten minutes for cronk was punishment enough and fitting - NSW ended up scoring two tries from it. Us QLDrs have a few ifs and buts from the night too that help us argue that the scoreline would have been different but we accept these as part of the game. Anyway - you will get smashed in game 3. hehehe....