Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Queenslander

Re: Queenslander

good to see Matt Gillett have a (small, but aggressive) run,,,,,, Gotta love a fellow Bribie' er
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Let the whingeing begin .I was looking forward to a great contest .Nsw fans ,where were the great combinations Stuart was crapping on before the game ? Set plays ? None . Very disappointing . Jennings flying in is a send off ,full stop .But Thaiday and the refs and the roof is closed but but but ...... Stuart given a great team , thats all he can do ? Shocking Nrl and Soo coaching record . Look around at home and start playing football. I hope both sides improves for game 2.
    George
    Last edited by manchild; 24-05-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Yep a disgraceful refereeing decision on the Inglis try - Farah attacked the ball with his foot, should have been a penalty try - Billy Slater got suspended for the same thing not so long ago?? Take your medicine Bloosers you got done deal with it!!!

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

I reckon QLd was beginning to bend the game around when Jennings was sent off, so I wasn't surprised to see a couple of tries before half time. I'm surprised that there wasn't more examination of Uate's try in the first half, I think he might have knocked on.
    NSW def won the play the ball; the maroons were slow to get up and were rolled in the tackle all the time. Having said that, I think the refs were very forgiving to NSW wrt play the ball and that was one area the maroons will need to improve. Can't see how the refs gave qld advantages. NSW only have themselves to blame by kicking for two points when Qld were on the rack. Not only did the points stay the same, but qld had a chance to rest. Even if blues hadn't scored, qld would have been completely out on their feet and it would have happened sooner or later.
    Also, when Burher or someone slapped the ball out of smiths hands it was play on. Same thing happened when Farrer kicked the ball out of Inglis's hands...play on.
    Thought Tate had a blinder.. worst game I've seen from Billy for a while, Petero is almost past his use by unfortunately but I'd still be tempted to keep him in... although maybe start with hannant, replace petero with corey parker. Another kid called mitchell dodds is built for origin although only playing reserves I think at the moment. Would also start with taylor. Sam Thaiday was ordinary. Hodges defence was good but usually strong dummy half running was bad. Inglis.. what can you say, legend. Boyd did all that was asked and also defended well.
    Gallon was good I thought, as was farrer and TRex. Tamou was great (go the cows) Can't believe the josh dugan wasnt in there, brett stewart is just not there any more. bg mistake by nsw selectors. What NSW have is plenty of speed, but i think tate and boyd can be surprising with their speed and good reads in defence.
    Overall, better team didn't win, but the smarter team did.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    The refs were so bad they missed Jarryd Haynes cheap shot punch to Thurstons head in the first half too !
    GO QLD
    Thurston should take up Soccer, he can take a dive just as good as them...Punch!!! it was only a lovetap.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ehsman View Post
    Thurston should take up Soccer, he can take a dive just as good as them...Punch!!! it was only a lovetap.

Baz
    Yeah I reckon Baz
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ehsman View Post

Baz
    Yeah a lovetap i agree but thurston played a blinder imo and was best on field just in front of Tate. His passing game, dummying and positioning is awesome. Still i think both teams played a bit average with NSW actually throwing the ball around more than QLD. uate was left floundering on the right wing numerous times and is slow. anyway back to work!

Tate had a blinder, Billy showed that he is human after all, GI's try should have been a penalty try, JT's acting skills need a polish but his game skills are fantastic, Coaltrain needs more time on the paddock but at the end of the day the results are on the board.

Queenslander!!!!
    Cheers Axl

Well I have just returned form working away the day after SOO and missed the replies by all the QLDers gloating of their win. My take on the game for what its worth. Good game as per usual. Tate should have been Man of the Match. Had a blinder as did that big unit from NQ playing for us Tamou! Thurston is a sook. Jennings went well. Pierce gets points for belting Thaiday in the rumble. Gallen choosing to kick for goal when we had them on the back foot cost us dearly. And of course that last try was a sham. Knocked on before Inglis (born in Kempsey) touched it. Then he plonks it on a foot and knocks it on again then scores a try. WTF. Cant wait for the next one. Love it!

Takes 2 to make a game, where would you Maroons be without our blues sarificial lambs each year, i thought it was a pretty evenly matched game with both teams on top at different times. No probs with the inglis try and im sure most blues fans feel the same, media just needs to beat things up which pisses me off. Jennings got what he deserved and Uate needs shooting for leaving his wing, cant do it aganst that sort of class backline. Thought Gallen and farah were good, Glen stewart really was given no room so had no influence, Brent Tate was best on field for mine followed by Hannant who was the first Maroon to get some go forward, Nate Myles always plays that way(in a maroon jumper) so no surprise. Cant wait for the second game, reality is though the Maroons team is/has been one of the best football teams of any era so blues will be up against it again.

Too Big............Too Fast................Too Good....

Too bad

Bring on number 2.

><> ><> ><>

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

They won, we lost...........cant change the scoreboard so see you next game...........

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by the lump View Post
    Well I have just returned form working away the day after SOO and missed the replies by all the QLDers gloating of their win. My take on the game for what its worth. Good game as per usual. Tate should have been Man of the Match. Had a blinder as did that big unit from NQ playing for us Tamou! Thurston is a sook. Jennings went well. Pierce gets points for belting Thaiday in the rumble. Gallen choosing to kick for goal when we had them on the back foot cost us dearly. And of course that last try was a sham. Knocked on before Inglis (born in Kempsey) touched it. Then he plonks it on a foot and knocks it on again then scores a try. WTF. Cant wait for the next one. Love it!
    go to the NRL site and look for the rules section..that was a fair try.

PLUS...for all the NSW supporters..something you all seem to realise with all your whining about Inlgis' try.

If ya take that try and conversion from 18 that leaves 12.
    You guys only got 10..you still lose so why all the whining.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post

If ya take that try and conversion from 18 that leaves 12.
    You guys only got 10..you still lose so why all the whining.

Not getting into the whole debate as i think qld probably would have won anyway but i think we all know the difference between a 2 point game and a 8 point game

WTF? Inglis didn't "drop the ball" or "knock on" it was kicked out of his hands, he regathered and grounded the ball. If it wasn't a try than it would of and should been a penalty try so stop whingeing and move on to the the next flogging.