Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Un breakable line guides

Un breakable line guides

Ive seen this guy around my area driving around in with this advertised on his 4wd, just had a look at the website, and thought they were pretty weird, has anyone used these? Bit of a crazy idea and i think it would sound a bit funny when you were casting, a bit like a cat bell?? what do you think?

http://www.fishing2thelimit.com.au/wmenu.php

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Re: Un breakable line guides

Yes the rods are weird. The first thing I thought of would be the tips getting tangled flopping about when you cast.
    I cast one a few weeks ago as they were doing the tackle shop rounds and it rattled worse then the bell we had around puss's neck.
    It sounded like about 5 or 6 puss bells as a matter of fact.

Rod build quality was definitely not the best either. The binding was very how's your mum.
    I also had to question the all stainless bit where the line runs. People demand more then just stainless now as a material for a guide.

Did you also notice the specifications of the rods on their website??
    No line or casting weight guides. Simply a length and that's that.

I see they're also selling on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_f...All-Categories

When you see one and feel one you'd have to question the price they're asking.
    Definitely better rods around for the money.

Cheers then
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Looks like hell...

Dan

My wind knots would quadrouple. Looks rubbish, and would most likely sound like a belly dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    My wind knots would quadrouple. Looks rubbish, and would most likely sound like a belly dancer.
    could you imaging fishing with someone flicking plastics with one, i think i would throw it overboard in about 2 minutes, although the rods arnt really designed for it. would be funny to see though

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by bennykenny View Post
    could you imaging fishing with someone flicking plastics with one, i think i would throw it overboard in about 2 minutes, although the rods arnt really designed for it. would be funny to see though
    If you ever get the 'pleasure' of talking to the lady trying to flog them off she'll tell you that they're the bees knees for casting all day.

I also reckon she'd try and sell snow to an Eskimo.
    I had to walk away.

Ican see it you had them on jigging rod they might work ok but for conventional casting rod i can see a few broblems like the ring scuffing the epoxy on the wrap and scuffing the rod as well,let alone the leader knots catching on the rings.

A bit like trying to cast the dog through its own chain,I can"t see it taking off in a hurry!

Um, um, ok. Im lost for words, WTF is that shit.

exactly that....shit
    i must admit , the woman that was doing the sales pitch has never fished in her life.... the rods weighed more than a 25 yr old ugly stick with about the same action
    and its a damned good thing i didnt have my hearing aids in that day, i hate noisey guides

Quote Originally Posted by sid_fishes View Post
    exactly that....shit
    i must admit , the woman that was doing the sales pitch has never fished in her life.... the rods weighed more than a 25 yr old ugly stick with about the same action
    and its a damned good thing i didnt have my hearing aids in that day, i hate noisey guides
    Is that why you smiled and nodded all the time??
    You couldn't hear the mumbo jumbo coming out her gob.
    If you could have heard.....She was a bit pushy BUT these rods ARE the best thing since Charles Alvey's birth is what she told you Ian.

Saw them at the boat show on thurs, stainless eylets arent my
    cup of tea and all the parts where the reel get attached are poor quality plastic
    cant see this idea going anywere
    marcus

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Is that why you smiled and nodded all the time??
    You couldn't hear the mumbo jumbo coming out her gob.
    If you could have heard.....She was a bit pushy BUT these rods ARE the best thing since Charles Alvey's birth is what she told you Ian.

a bit pushy... thats an understatement
    and as for being the best thing since SIR Charles..... well we know i haven,t got them in my shop[maybe in the other one]

Crap and crap. Where do these people get these ideas from? O, I just has a bright idea, let make aguide from a loose peice of bent wire and call it a new invention. What are these people smocking, maybe crack?

they look really dumb

I would not even pick one up to feel it

floppy guides would just piss me off at sight much less pick it up