Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New concept guide system

Re: New concept guide system

Hello Lads,

I have used the new concept system as a basis for 3 of my builds on rods that are primarily for casting. I know they have charts for this, and I know of the 27x spool diameter rule, but I determined a choker point by putting a reel on the reel seat, and using the spool axis to determine the choker point. From there it is a mix of trigonometry, static loading, test casting, and rechecking. Each of these 3 rods are built with a specific reel in mind, and hence, the choking guide is laid out for each reel.

From my point of view, the fundamentals of the NCG are a great way to get a starting point of setting out your guides. I am not saying it is the best way, or the only way, just another way of getting to your desired outcome.

And yes, I am very impressed with how they cast.

Cheers,
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by RFARREN View Post
    hahaha stu u a xpert in "gastro physics" ?
    They dont call me Abdul bad bowls Mackenzie for nothing mate. How did we get from guides to my gastro issues? I tell ya what, we cover every thing on this forum.

Hi Stu, i would give my left one to come down but we are away the weekend before- really be pushing it. Not getting as much business travel to Bris these days either........

Well if your willing to loose a nut Im sure you could stand up to the wife, O hang on, scrub that mate my mistake. Never piss the ball and chain off or you may loose both them man nuts.

Apologies for the late reply - work turned into a monster and then a couple of days in the sick bed.

Thanks for all your replies. Reading between the lines is probably one of the most difficult parts about gleaning information from the internet, particlularly in the rodbuilding domain. Stuart, I also think you alluded to whole other argument in itself - that many (if not most) self proclaimed 'rodbuilders' could be better described as 'rod assemblers'. And then there's the 'custom' vs 'handcrafted' debate. But I won't carry on any further as it's unlikely we're going to get any formal description standards developed anytime soon.