Thread: Thoughts on a Kayak

Thoughts on a Kayak

A good Friend of mine has acquired a kayak that he doesnt not wont. A Viking Fisherman II and has offered me a good price on it. Anyone know about these Kayaks and have a opinion about them. Ive never used one before but the price just seems right to give it a try.

BigK

Blog Entries

Re: Thoughts on a Kayak

Get it, you won't regret it!!! Yaks are my fav way to fish. If it is a good price that you can easily afford get it. If you don't like it sell it. Trust me you will love it once you get into it

I heard it's a good way to fish, and now that my old man sold the boat it sounds like a good option to get on the water, it's at a very good price I think. with a buggy thing you can use to transport it around on.

Grab it BigK. It's worth plenty more than its offer.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Grab it BigK. It's worth plenty more than its offer.
    Yeah thats what I thought. Just gotta see how hard it will be to paddle solo
    Haha.

I love my Viking Tempo Fisherman, Its very stable and paddles ok for how big it is. It is quite heavy and bulky but hey, Its stable as hell!
    I bought mine 2nd here off here and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Todddo View Post
    I love my Viking Tempo Fisherman, Its very stable and paddles ok for how big it is. It is quite heavy and bulky but hey, Its stable as hell!
    I bought mine 2nd here off here and love it.
    I've read that they are very stable, something I'd need with my shocking balance haha. wonder if it's stable enough to stand up and throw a 12ft castnet off. Be interesting

You always have the option of adding stablizers (outriggers) if you want to stand up in it.
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Yeah Ive tried to stand up in the pool, it ended badly.
    I will be adding outriggers to make it a bit more stable as I like standing up and casting. A bit of DIY work and about $120 will get a nice set of outriggers on the viking tempo fisherman