Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best excuses for buying more fishing gear

Re: Best excuses for buying more fishing gear

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

I must say that while I agree with the "grow a pair" theory, I'm bad when in a tackle store. I went on Saturday to buy 2 things and came out with 8. And didn't get one of the two things I went for because they didn't have the right model. I can sort of understand how women feel when they shop for clothes/shoes. It's sorta fun to spend money like that. No issues though. I don't need to explain anything to her.

Thankfully Trace is like a kid in a lolly shop when we go into a tackle store, so I don't have to worry

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

That's a bit deep isn't it Anthony? Are you writing a book of quotes or something?

TOL

Change, Muddy Toes to the Philosopher..

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    That's a bit deep isn't it Anthony? Are you writing a book of quotes or something?

TOL
    Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    Change, Muddy Toes to the Philosopher..

Must be something to do with being a bit Chinese.....coming out with corny one liners.

I can't seem to grow one of those long, grey goatees to stroke while I ponder these thoughts on living a happier and healthier life but I'm sure if I could get hold of some dough I could probably write that down on a little bit of paper and bake that message in to a small biscuit item.

Hi Guys
    I don't have to make excuses to myself. I love doing the rounds of the Tackle Shops with Hubby in toe. Was even visiting my regular one when we were talking and a fella made a comment about shopping for tackle and how he had to explain to the wife. Now salesman piped up and commented on how I spent more time in the shop than Hubby, always bought alot and probably knew more than alot of women he knew.
    Made me feel real good especially when the fella said-I want one of those.

Why make excuses anyway.

Ronnie

when i spend money on guns, fishing gear and other toys, my wife spends money on her horses so it sort of works out. Otherwise, if i know i'm gonna spend more than i should on something i wait until i mess something else up really bad then spend the money so that she gets mad at me for that and doesn't notice the other thing.

Dont need an excuse .I feel sorry for those who have to ask for permission .
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Pay Cash for everything. Even my boys 8 yrs and 5 yrs know about secrete mens business and knowing that Mum doesn't need to know about every thing we buy. It only upsets her if we tell her so we choose to protect her and just hide it in the shed once we get home.

I must be one lucky dude I don't need an excuse. My partner loves fishing as much as I do. She owns the boat and cleans the fish. We often can be found searching through tackle shops and usually buy gear for each other as pressies. Whether beach, boat or on a river bank she accompanies me an we have a ball.

I don't need excuses. However, we've got a trip to the UK and US booked for Christmas and New Years so I have to be a bit more careful. However, I've paid for the whole bloody trip so she better not complain.

Looking forward to Vegas! I told her if I turn $3k into $20k whilst I'm there then I'll marry her. I'll be pulling out at $19,500 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippidy View Post
    I'll be pulling out at $19,500 :-)
    thats very prudent. you dont want any unplanned surprises.

my favourite out of all the things "i had to have" was the esky. when the old one wasn't big enough any more it was a shoe in to upsize.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

just buy it. im married to an accountant so no use trying to hide anything. Although with all the work on the boat at the moment the fishing tackle has taken a back seat.

No excuses needed here My girl love fishing just as much as I do. The only thing is, she doesnt like is helping clean the boat/fish when we get home.