Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best excuses for buying more fishing gear

Best excuses for buying more fishing gear

Greetings all,
    What are some of your best excuses for buying more gear? My wife will see the Visa statement and say "why do you need to buy more fishing gear.....you have a cupboard full of it and you never even go fishing"

I have now learnt to get everything sent to work and buy in small amounts....once it gets into "the cupboard" it is pretty safe as it all looks similar to her.

Cheers, Mike

Re: Best excuses for buying more fishing gear

I want it.

To shut her up ask her why she needs so many pairs of shoes. Always works for me
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

If someone is ever smart enough to call a tackle store household essentials they'll make a fortune.

Buy online, most shops have random names that appear on bank statements. That's my tip!
    Oh and also say it helps relieve the stress from work, another one that works for me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Todddo View Post
    Buy online, most shops have random names that appear on bank statements. That's my tip!
    Oh and also say it helps relieve the stress from work, another one that works for me lol.
    Maybe Craig Thomson could help with a few ideas to put on the credit card statements..........he seems to know a bit about stress relief too.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Maybe Craig Thomson could help with a few ideas to put on the credit card statements..........he seems to know a bit about stress relief too.
    Hahahah!!!!! Good one mate lmfao

why do you need an excuse? Are you that scared of your wife? If I lived like that I would be out that relationship.

yep.... simply grow a pair !!!!

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    why do you need an excuse? Are you that scared of your wife? If I lived like that I would be out that relationship.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

you dont want me to look bad in front of my fishing buddies do you, this is just proof that you love and support me.. use there lines back at em
    "Live Life"

I think women call it Retail Therapy.....but if its got to do with fishing, boating or camping it obviously an essential item so NIKE.......just do it..

He who dies with the most fishing gears wins!
    I hate to loose

The classic that I read somewhere on here was "if I die I only hope my wife doesnt sell my gear for what I told her I paid for it".......so true

just buy it and while she is cracking the shits about it go and use it . it only takes them a couple of days nagging to realise you've gone fishing .
    my wife only talks to me on thursday afternoon anyway

Hum, Payday????