Thread: Harry Atkinson Artificial Reef

Harry Atkinson Artificial Reef

Hi just wondering if anyone has fished Harry Atkinson Artificial Reef Lately? Whats the fishing like as i havent been out there for over a year and was thinking about heading out there again soon.

Any info or input would be great

cheers mike

Re: Harry Atkinson Artificial Reef

People are doing well there mid week and nights, weekend it is an absolute carpark and there will easily be 30-40 boats on it
    Tangles KFC

thanks Tangles, Definitely sounds like its worth a try, what are they catching there these days?

Was out there today, ( not fishing ) bout 1 pm and there was 4 boats in total. Was there to show my uncle the Tiwi on structure scan. Some good shows on the sounder around the Tiwi Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3-6 months ago, I was doing great out there.

In that time I would have caught plenty of snapper in the 50-60cm range, 3 or 4 in the 70+ cm range, and my PB of 82cm.
    In March, one trip landed 2 Jew, one 87cm, one 97cm.

Three trips in three weeks have resulted in one 45ish squire and 37ish grassie. One of those trips was 11 hours long, another was 7 hours.
    Either I've really lost my mojo, or it's not fishing well at the moment. Maybe a bit of both.
    That said, I hooked an unstoppable snapper (I'm calling it for a snapper anyway) there on Saturday morning. That thing was a freakin' monster. MUCH bigger than either my 82cm Snap or 97cm Jew.

Long story short, Harry's hasn't been fishing well for me of late, but there's certainly fish there.

Hi guys,

Bit of advice on the type of anchor to use at Harry's.

I only have a sand anchor in the boat and I cant stop it from dragging when at anchor at Harry's.......should I be using a reef anchor or some other? I do not have a problem with the anchor at any other spot in the bay so not sure why it drags at Harry's?

Cheers

There's plenty of structure down there, good chance of losing your anchor. Make sure you've got lot's of chain.
    I prefer to drift.

I had the same problem sunday night and i was using a reef anchor with 5 metres of chain, the anchor just wouldnt grab and we dragged for a while plus the current was running really hard, i couldnt even get my bait to the bottom with a big sinker.

Just curious to how people fish out there and what location they fish as i tried to fish near the tiwi pearl but couldnt due to anchor not grabbing so result is 0 fish