Thread: Geo-Fencing Question

Geo-Fencing Question

Hey guys,
    anyone out there have any idea what will happen if you connect a local Gen2 HDS up to a geo-fenced gen2 HDS?
    I want to be able to record structure maps on the second unit, as currently i would need to remove my chart card to record.

-Can the fenced unit be used as a repeater from the first unit and still record?
    -Are you able to disable the GPS in the fenced unit, to stop the fencing issues?

I wouldn't normally worry about all this mucking arround, but when I can get a HDS-7 with the LSS-2 side scan, and transducer for less then what it costs for the head unit by it's self I need to look at the possibility.

If anyone has a fenced unit in the brisbae area that they would be willing to share for a couple of hours I would be interested in trying it out.

Thanks,
    Blythy
    Don’t take life too seriously, It isn’t permanent

Re: Geo-Fencing Question

about to head over to the states, anyone know about this?
    Don’t take life too seriously, It isn’t permanent

Don't know, but i would be concerned that there could well be problems with the units linked via Ethernet. Is it worth the risk and he lack of warranty support?

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

to date I don't think anyone has "cracked" the geofencing setup, but I am sure it could be done if someone wanted it bad enough, I have heard of funny things happening when networking units that are geofenced and non geofenced, but I have no personal experience with it, just heard it from someone sort of stuff.

Fxck lowrance and their geofencing. Fxck bying two units without warranty. fxck downscan - it doesnt work well in anything over 20m

I heard that there is a code that can be entered to disable the geofence it is purely a case of the aussie distributer holding out

contact me i will help you
    telegram @GeoLeo7

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Geo View Post
    contact me i will help you
    telegram @GeoLeo7
    I would reckon old mate would have it sorted by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's only been 8 years......