Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold Coast Yellow Tail Kingies help PLEASE

Gold Coast Yellow Tail Kingies help PLEASE

Hi.
    On Sunday our plan is to head out from the Gold Coast Seaway to chase some Kingies. I plan on stopping to get livies at the bait grounds on the way out.I did a charter a few years ago and stupidly didn't get any GPS co-ordinates when we caught 18 Kingies between 12 and 15 KG. It was the best fishing session that I have ever had.
    Would anyone be kind enough to give us some advice on suggested spots to try and pointers on the better methods. If anyone would be willing to PM me some GPS points to try I would be in debt for ever. Any ideas for the day would be welcome.
    Cheers Dave

Re: Gold Coast Yellow Tail Kingies help PLEASE

Didnt get the GPS coordinates off the charter boat? I wonder if charges would stick. Theft of intellectual property perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by no chicken tonight View Post
    Didnt get the GPS coordinates off the charter boat? I wonder if charges would stick. Theft of intellectual property perhaps?
    can-of-worms.jpg
    homer-eating-popcorn-small-c78.jpg
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Don't get caught I know one operator found a GPS on in a blokes coat and over it went 😜😜😜Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

not exactly sure it is theft of anything, really no different to motoring near a charter boat and marking the location.

I think it is very different. To draw a comparison, it would be fine to watch how a company operates and use their practices yourself. But if you go into their offices and take secret documents from their premises, your gonna need a lawyer.

MrNanks - use you google feature on the computer - here I'll help out

http://www.fishnet.com.au/information/gps/tweed.txt

http://www.fishnet.com.au/information/gps/goldc.txt

The reef systems run N/S. Search the relevant areas and find the bait balls.

Thanks wags.
    I actually searched all old posts here but didn't do a google search. Thanks for the tip.

I didn't commit the above said crime your honour. I plead not guilty :-)

I actually gave Matt and his team a big rap recently on here regarding a great charter option but I was told he had gone out of the business.

Wags, Have you had any luck recently on any of those marks ?

Can anyone enlighten me as to the where abouts of the 50 fathom mark. ( APART FROM THE DEPTH ) .

How many K's off the coast is it .

Cheers Dave

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Thanks mate. We plan on having a crack on Sunday . Fingers crossed with the weather.
    I am in Townsville with a "scheduled" work trip on the reef this Friday but the bloody wind is picking up. My mate that couldn't make the "work " trip is calling it Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    That sounds about right As the crow flies...roughly 32kms.

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    That sounds about right As the crow flies...roughly 32kms.
    Faaaaaark ..do we have to take a crow out as well. This fishing 5hit is full on with you guys.
    You guys think of everything.
    No wonder I catch sweet F A when I dont ask questions.

Cheers

To save space - take a photo of crow only. less mess.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNanks View Post
    Thanks wags.
    I actually searched all old posts here but didn't do a google search. Thanks for the tip.

I didn't commit the above said crime your honour. I plead not guilty :-)

I actually gave Matt and his team a big rap recently on here regarding a great charter option but I was told he had gone out of the business.

Wags, Have you had any luck recently on any of those marks ?

Can anyone enlighten me as to the where abouts of the 50 fathom mark. ( APART FROM THE DEPTH ) .

How many K's off the coast is it .

Cheers Dave
    Dave a fair few of those generic marks actually produce good fish. It's all about getting in ya boat and fishing the areas around each and every mark, deleting the sh!t ones and having enough room in the gps to add new ground. This is probably the reason that most people are reluctant to 'hand over' tried and true good marks as a lot of time and money has gone into sorting the shit from the cheese.

Fair point Wags. Thanks so much for your help and info.
    What rigs do you suggest for out there. We were planning on try a floater and bottom bashing with baits and jigs.
    Patenoster rig etc . Cheers