Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 708
  1. #61

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    i have a few big kick ass deck winch's if you would like to borrow them anthony. primitive but alot easier then winding in a rod and reel!! lol

  2. #62

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    Your not wrong Tim.......how do they mount mate?


    Looks like there's a fair bit of interest in this little experiment.

    Should be a good trip if a few boats go on the same day.....surely someone will catch something.

  3. #63

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Your not wrong Tim.......how do they mount mate?
    Too easy - 2" hole drilled through the gunnel rail then secure with 4x1/4" bolts then secure the safety chain with 2x1/2" bolts to the floor.

    Piece o' piss
    Cheers

    Trev

  4. #64

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    Ummmmm.........Maybe Trev would like to borrow them first Tim.

  5. #65

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Ummmmm.........Maybe Trev would like to borrow them first Tim.
    No mate I am here to help you secure them to your boat - least I can do - besides what are deep sea fishing buddies for ?

    Aaah yes that's right winding up the fish.
    Cheers

    Trev

  6. #66

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Should be a good trip if a few boats go on the same day.....surely someone will catch something.

    Mate guaranteed we will all catch something - RSI
    Cheers

    Trev

  7. #67

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    Hahahahah RSI.

  8. #68
    I volunteer to be camera man/deckie/beer man whilst you blokes are winding in the fish

  9. #69

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    I volunteer to be camera man/deckie/beer man whilst you blokes are winding in the fish

    That's great that your volunteering big G .............

    I'd hate to have to pay you to do that.

  10. #70
    I enjoy my community service...

  11. #71

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    Dunno how I missed this thread before now,
    `

  12. #72

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    we have a few pros that are almost always there and you just line up a drift with them.
    Me thinks you are trying to get us run over
    Cheers

    Trev

  13. #73

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    Dunno how I missed this thread before now,
    but I'd like to give all you guys a big thumbs up for having a go at the deep water without having to rush out & buy electric gear because
    its too far to wind up.

    Anyone who knows me knows I have a passion for tackling these deepwater fish on standup gear.
    Rabbi & I live in the same area & basically fish the same (except I have better marks than him,hehehehe)
    He described the gear needed pretty well, with a few changes.
    50lb stick, reliable 6/0 reel, paternostra rig at the bottom about 6ft made with big 3way swivels.
    Hook choice is up to you, but make sure they are very strong, we only use Big Gun, & just because you are chasing big fish doesn't mean you need to use shark hooks, we only use 4/0 & 3/0 as there are other fish out there besides cod.
    Line weight is also up to you, but we only use 30lb braid & have no trouble boating 15 kg cod.
    I dont know how Rabbi can hit the bottom with the sinkers that he described, but we never use less than 2lb sinkers, & these still take nearly 5 mins to hit the bottom.

    Good luck with it , & I hope we can read some good reports soon.

    Muzz

  14. #74

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    they either rail mount or deck mount however with abit of notice i could run some stainless wire through my mig and make a tube extension for them so they simply sit in your existing rod holders however they would have to be built in rod holders on an alloy boat or stainless rod holders in a glass boat deffinately wouldnt like to put a deck winch in a plastic rod holder :S

  15. #75

    Re: Ooglies of the deep.

    Quote Originally Posted by burleygu View Post
    they either rail mount or deck mount however with abit of notice i could run some stainless wire through my mig and make a tube extension for them so they simply sit in your existing rod holders however they would have to be built in rod holders on an alloy boat or stainless rod holders in a glass boat deffinately wouldnt like to put a deck winch in a plastic rod holder :S
    Don't forget the chain and the big bolts to the floor - he really need them
    Cheers

    Trev

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us