Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ooglies of the deep.

Re: Ooglies of the deep.

Pretty easy hey..........?

Gee now you've put the pressure on mate.

yep, a couple of big Swords have been caught down here by the drop liners, and a few smaller ones by recs having a go at deepwater "bottom bouncing" with braid or cord, you can feel the bites and some of the bigger fish will actually "run" which is pretty exciting at times, it is not uncommon to se 6-10 boats out on the grounds here, so it is not a big deal as far as safety goes.

Hehe, yep easy on a good day but throw a few waves and a bit of current and wind in and then the challenge begins
    Worth having a look though.
    cheers, steve

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    cable beach is a bit of a mecca for naked old men early in the morning.It's like a local early morning nudist walkway or something.
    I found out the hard way when I woke up on the beach one morning.
    naked?....
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    naked?....
    Who me Davo ?

Yeah.........when in Rome........

and $5 richer?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

With a new walking style that resembles John Wayne's.

Back when I was a lot younger, fishing deep in Mediterranean, we used to use back half of a cheap mountain push bike.
    Taking the plastic tyre off you end up with a nice metal hallow tyre frame that can hold over a km line.
    Bike is upside down, take off the seat and home made metal tube to connect into where the bike seat was, the other end goes to rod holder or anywhere else suitable. It still swivels which is the good part.
    Hands on the pedal to pull the line up.
    We even used to have the gearing setup still when needed to speed up the raise.

The problem with using a rod is that, during pumping action, the weight keeps stopping and extra effort needed to keep the weight moving up back again, whereas bike wheel is constantly moving upwards. After the initial momentum, much little effort needed to keep it moving.

I am located at Brighton, fishing in the bay mostly.
    If you need a dedicated 35yr old bloke to pull the line up, I am up for it.
    My wife is well educated to prepare the food for the fishing crew.

i had the idea today of using a bike pedal set up but didnt know how to marry it up to adding line etc, thought i was going mad but apparently not.

Attachment 80114
    Cutting off the front A frame off ends up with rear A frame only including pedals and rear tyre.
    You can take off the seat and use the extension bar to attach to the boat or insert into rod holder.
    The whole thing sits straight and tyre dangling off the boat clear.You can keep the braking system to not let fish take off any line

Your PM inbox is full Floating Rib Mick.

Anthony, are you on ausfish all day?

Ummmm.........kind of.

There are times when I get hungry and have to eat, likewise when I have to go to the toilet.

I got one of those fan dangled smart phones a month or so ago so that's really starting to prove a downfall for Rio Tinto.

Between Ausfish, facebook, Ebay and a few other unmentionable sites I try and squeeze in a bit of work here and there but I seem to be failing miserably lately.

I actually bought my boat online at work one day.The day was dragging on a bit and I was looking for something to make the day go quicker.

Don't get me wrong though big G......I wasn't always in a supervisory role.

I used to work once upon a time.

What about Fishfeeder......the same could be said about him!!!!!

Ummmm.........kind of.

...., likewise when I have to go to the toilet.....
    great, now that's indelibly etched into mind whenever I read one of your posts!

Ummmm.........kind of.

There are times when I get hungry and have to eat, likewise when I have to go to the toilet.

I got one of those fan dangled smart phones a month or so ago so that's really starting to prove a downfall for Rio Tinto.

Between Ausfish, facebook, Ebay and a few other unmentionable sites I try and squeeze in a bit of work here and there but I seem to be failing miserably lately.

I actually bought my boat online at work one day.The day was dragging on a bit and I was looking for something to make the day go quicker.

Don't get me wrong though big G......I wasn't always in a supervisory role.

I used to work once upon a time.

What about Fishfeeder......the same could be said about him!!!!!
    Just checking, i must admit since work got wifi, productivity has been reduced somewhat for me...