Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Ooglies of the deep.

Re: Ooglies of the deep.

Ahhh.... looks like the ol' gall bladder trick hey Trev? Flamin' troublesome little blighters aren't they. You've certainly had your share of troubles of late. I can feel for you on this one .. I had half a dozen attacks in just over year, so the Doc decided I had better have the blighter out, or face a buggered pancreas as well. Once those peep holes heal, you'll feel on top of the world again. Take care now ... and no liftin' for a few weeks. I hope the little chap is doing well and the boat is still going strong.

Thanks cq - mate I am beginning to feel like I am turning every thread into a hospital hi-jacker - rediculous But for me this is the only real op I have ever had apart from a knee op 20 years ago - so hopefully never need another op again. You are right though the relief in the digestion department is immediate - still pain with cuts etc but nice to have the body working again after three months of this disfunctional liver including the duct blockage and it's dangers - also nice to know passing another stone is no longer an issue I had over 8 remaining - stuff that! I do feel for poor soles on dialysis - that's not life as it should be.

Little fella is 3 days off hospital starting today between chemo and in that time this Thursday is his 8th birthday so he is excited and very happy right now organising a park sausage sizzle party with 15 or so of his little buddies after school

Then he gets 5 days of chemo - two weeks rest then they start the operations on the lungs one at a time with a few weeks recovery between. A bit anxious in that department as the oncologist has been saying up until recently the op is no big deal and last visit said yes the tumours are not that small and discussing with the surgeon it is looking like the operation will be a big deal - we are hopeful they will reduce some more between now and then and be not so bad - so anxious times again towards the end of this month - we remain upbeat and optimistic though and doing all we can for him above and beyond the hospitals work. The treatment he is on right now should help reduce the tumours some more and hopefully enough.
    Cheers

Trev

Postie just arrived and brought this:-

forumreel.JPG

My tummy feels better already
    Cheers

Trev

That is a nice present Trevelly.

Last Sunday after a marathon repair since July repairing a leaky aluminium fuel tank and the floor, we finally got out.
    P1010165.jpg
    met at hawthorne and headed to Colmslie ramp. The idea, get out to the Cape, and troll out wide to the 500 m line then fish on the bottom.

That all went well, though scales were a bit scarce (NIL) on the way out until at 300m from our marks. We pulled in all the gear and then a dirty big Blue Marlin of about 300 kg sit under the prop wash. So.. Lachy puts in his 24 kg spin outfit, lets out 10 m of line and zziiinnnnnnggg, off it goes. bent to the butt and ping as the spools heads to the backing with an angry Blue leaping and dancing towards the horizon....... C a l m down.

Now the bottom... fish , or should I say fishing fishing- alas no fish. Only one silly pomfret. So plan B lets prospect and look for new things..... that went well, trolling looking... 2 pm drop lines, 3pm pull up and time to move.....tick,, tick bzzzz, flat battery, switch over to battery # 2, tick, wr wrr wrrr wr tick F U * %. fIDDLE wriggle, swap , switch OH CRAP. So dig out the little 8hp yamaha 4 stroke, bracket etc, climb out onto the duckboard and bolt it on, tie engine onto a rope so we don't drop it and secure it, fit fuel hose into line of the main tank and give it one pull, two pulls.........vroom! So tie the engine straight, open the throttle wide steer with the main engine as the rudder and make 6 knots!!!!! Aim towards the sun, thats home, till it goes down. so all going to plan Cape moreton should be about 7pm. A boat in the visible distance we tried to hail with a little handheld radio, thinking the big radio was flat and wanting to keep nav lights.... VMR repied which the others then heard on the main radio... no we don't need assistance, we are underway, just slow. Cape Moreton was 7.30pm Combyuro 8.30 Call the wives... Of course not a single boat did we pass except a single trawler - being sunday night. Curtin artificial, a single ex Tassie cray boat lovingly restored. They lent as u spanking new and huge battery, wire it in and .......... tick, bzzzzz. nothing. Oh, its the loom, its the.. .. .. .. Engine warning light on 4 flashes, 2 flashes chk sender stuffed.... Well oh s**t, now we head towards the brissie river at 6 knots depart curtin at 10pm, after a generously donated XXXX each. Across bay with the tide at 6 knots, till it turns.... now only 3-4 knots Arrive Colmslie at 4.30am Bed 5.10am work 7.30am. Shelf to home 13 hours

LOVE WIDE FISHING, ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanranger24 View Post
    That is a nice present Trevelly.

Last Sunday after a marathon repair since July repairing a leaky aluminium fuel tank and the floor, we finally got out.
    P1010165.jpg
    met at hawthorne and headed to Colmslie ramp. The idea, get out to the Cape, and troll out wide to the 500 m line then fish on the bottom.

That all went well, though scales were a bit scarce (NIL) on the way out until at 300m from our marks. We pulled in all the gear and then a dirty big Blue Marlin of about 300 kg sit under the prop wash. So.. Lachy puts in his 24 kg spin outfit, lets out 10 m of line and zziiinnnnnnggg, off it goes. bent to the butt and ping as the spools heads to the backing with an angry Blue leaping and dancing towards the horizon....... C a l m down.

Now the bottom... fish , or should I say fishing fishing- alas no fish. Only one silly pomfret. So plan B lets prospect and look for new things..... that went well, trolling looking... 2 pm drop lines, 3pm pull up and time to move.....tick,, tick bzzzz, flat battery, switch over to battery # 2, tick, wr wrr wrrr wr tick F U * %. fIDDLE wriggle, swap , switch OH CRAP. So dig out the little 8hp yamaha 4 stroke, bracket etc, climb out onto the duckboard and bolt it on, tie engine onto a rope so we don't drop it and secure it, fit fuel hose into line of the main tank and give it one pull, two pulls.........vroom! So tie the engine straight, open the throttle wide steer with the main engine as the rudder and make 6 knots!!!!! Aim towards the sun, thats home, till it goes down. so all going to plan Cape moreton should be about 7pm. A boat in the visible distance we tried to hail with a little handheld radio, thinking the big radio was flat and wanting to keep nav lights.... VMR repied which the others then heard on the main radio... no we don't need assistance, we are underway, just slow. Cape Moreton was 7.30pm Combyuro 8.30 Call the wives... Of course not a single boat did we pass except a single trawler - being sunday night. Curtin artificial, a single ex Tassie cray boat lovingly restored. They lent as u spanking new and huge battery, wire it in and .......... tick, bzzzzz. nothing. Oh, its the loom, its the.. .. .. .. Engine warning light on 4 flashes, 2 flashes chk sender stuffed.... Well oh s**t, now we head towards the brissie river at 6 knots depart curtin at 10pm, after a generously donated XXXX each. Across bay with the tide at 6 knots, till it turns.... now only 3-4 knots Arrive Colmslie at 4.30am Bed 5.10am work 7.30am. Shelf to home 13 hours

LOVE WIDE FISHING, ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE
    I must admit I've ever actually made it to the shelf yet but I think your doing it wrong.

Can't agree more. Definitely only go on the day that the engine doesn't break down

A different day .... ooops night
    P1060535a.jpg

How big is your rig and are you using electric reels.

TREV that is one nice reel what sort of rod are you putting on mate hope the tummy feels good soon

Quote Originally Posted by 2IC View Post
    TREV that is one nice reel what sort of rod are you putting on mate hope the tummy feels good soon
    Thanks Bill - I am sure the tummy will be fine with patience (which I don't have) and care (missus is hovering over me and making sure I don't do anything stupid)

The reel - well I think it is absolutely awesome - what a machine

The rod - well this little critter I have been trying to get for a month now from US but they promise me it will be good to send in a week (new stock arriving)

http://www.alltackle.com/daiwa_saltiga_rods.htm

I went for the 6'6" heavy action.

Prices I got in OZ are $360 plus freight and $450 plus freight where the US one is rod cost plus $62 freight.

Dendoh.JPG
    Cheers

Trev

TREV you have to love the hovering wife,, just milk it mate,, as once you are better it will be back to normal,, that looks like a nice rod it should do the trick nicely ,,looks like you are just about ready to go mate,, can you pm me with details etc about the rod & reel as I might look into it

Cheers Bill & wish the young fella HAPPY BRITHDAY

TREV you have to love the hovering wife,, just milk it mate,, as once you are better it will be back to normal,, that looks like a nice rod it should do the trick nicely ,,looks like you are just about ready to go mate,, can you pm me with details etc about the rod & reel as I might look into it

I thought the rules were that you couldnt use electric reels.....

Trev excluded due to injury...

Are you bitching out with an electric reel???
    Taking Marty for a run in a couple of weeks how long before he notices we are on our way to the shelf????
    it would be nice to go but not sure if Marty would be up for it and hes the only one willing to go on a Monday so December it is....

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post

Clearly hes hanging up his manhood and retiring to the kitchen...

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post

Are you keen to jump in with me and marty on monday the 18th could be a good day and ive sorted my seasickness out...

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    Are you keen to jump in with me and marty on monday the 18th could be a good day and ive sorted my seasickness out...
    Mate, i wont know till a couple of days beforehand, it is all work dependant till about easter...