Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Ooglies of the deep.

Re: Ooglies of the deep.

Won't know how far till tomorrow when I work out how far I did for 13lt need to check my trail distance.

bit late into the convo guys,i do heaps of deep dropping,in 300m+,and i was reading on what weights to use,baits etc,in my experience anything that is concrete or brick is shit,it loses abot 30% of its weight as soon as it hits the water due to being a porus material,its a pain in the bum to transport out there and you always manage to scratch your boat, i use rio bar in 30cm lengthss or 4lb sinkers i found is the best we tie it on with 50lb mono incase we need to snap it off. for rigs we use 250lb main line with 130lb droppers,we use sleeve swivels to attach droppers to the main line and crimp it ,a decent ball bearing swivel at the top of the rig and a swivel at the bottom, and we always use circle hooks, for bait i use half a fillet of mullet soaked in tuna oil,fresh kingy or cuttlefish trick is not to clog up the circle hook or they wont work iv been using rod and reel for the last couple of years,the two iv used is a tld 50 2 speed and a saltist 50, iv got an electric that i use in 400m+ but anything shallower we go old school. hope this helps you out

Overdraft 1 thanks mate good to see old school works ,,think we will try to stay on the shallower side of 400m for the first time,Ive got some 10/o circle hooks that have been sitting around doing nothing so will be good to loose some,, plus reading your list I think I'm ready to go ,,shit thats wright I cant see the bottom Muddy where are you???

Well i got a new rod and reel coming with 600mt+ of 80lb and about 150mt backing.
    i am no longer taking the boat and jumping in with someone.... no i did not get scared as the August trip in my tub is still on for now (weather pending).
    Going to make some rigs up this weekend with 120-150lb leader.
    What sounder etc do you have to not see the bottom?

Mate I have a furuno 585 with a 600 trannie they say I'll see bottom to about 350 maybe but not fish,, thats where Anthony comes in ,,we will fish his drift line or just off it to cover more ground ,, thats if hes a nice bloke????so lucas who are you jumping in with?? I have bruce & tim with me so we do have a spare seat mate as long as you dont mind going out in the tinny LOL Bill

600w will be pushing it to it limits. I am using a 600w in August so let me know how it goes. i think i may have the shy gays heading out with me in August. hopefully they have a 1kw, but by then i may have one anyway. getting in a tinnie wont bother me as long as the band aid trick works. mine is 5.5mt just a bit smaller than yours and i was taking that until i was short a deckie and a better offer came along, what i really want to know is exactly how far away it is. then i can work out fuel carried to distance travelled.
    How many people/boats are heading out for this shindig?

Cheers for the offer Bill.
    Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by 2IC View Post
    Muddy where are you???
    Right now I'm sitting in the cab of locomotive 9430 at Cape Lambert, Western Australia.

But on a totally unrelated topic.......

I live in Redland Bay and I usually launch from Victoria Point.

[QUOTE=Muddy Toes;1396452]Right now I'm sitting in the cab of locomotive 9430 at Cape Lambert, Western Australia.

But on a totally unrelated topic.......

I live in Redland Bay and I usually launch from Victoria Point.[/QUOTE]

and what does that have to do with this thread

i think he just saw your boat heading across the bay with 2 blokes and 4 topless girls in it....lol
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Absolutely nothing.....but without posts like that it's too hard to get up to 15 pages of crap.

15 pages of crap and still counting. Work must be boring today.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Muddy, If your keen and the weather plays the game I might be sick a days next week !!

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    15 pages of crap and still counting. Work must be boring today.
    Not so much boring as finishing up...

Work is boring today Bruce......

I marked off my lotto tickets too early this morning giving me nothing to do for the rest of the day except to cruise around on Ausfish.Pretty poorly planned actually but I thought if I won the lotto, then I wouldn't actually need to be here for the rest of the day that's why I did it early.

And Fishfeeder and Lucee with all your mid week sickies you guys have I'm starting to actually wonder whether or not you guys actually have jobs.But yeah....lets do it.And here I was thinking I would have to wait for the return of Captain Seaweed so he could help me get the hours up to get it to the next service.

Either Belmont or out of Sth Passage next week Brett.

May actually take all week off next week, got my sister and niece coming up, hey thats a plan a week of sickies got about 5 weeks of sickies to use in 3 weeks. Thanks for the idea and that will give me Friday to get organised for Saturday.