Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Ooglies of the deep.

Re: Ooglies of the deep.

With all you guys picking on me i better cancel my trip,stay at home and have a cry.......
    oh sorry thats been done i better be original...

wondering what the bag limits in queensland are for these deep water species. can anyone provide a link?

thanks simon

Quote Originally Posted by BayDog View Post
    wondering what the bag limits in queensland are for these deep water species. can anyone provide a link?

thanks simon

If you look past all the crap from Muddy toes and Bull there is actually some good info in this thread. it was metnioned some pages ago 5 i think it was and there may have been a link.. Happy hunting.

Its going to be great not to be the skipper !!!

I can't wait to kick back and drink Corona's while Muddy drives us out to the 300m+ line...
    Can't wait put crap on how he drives,
    how he needs to fish more then once a month,
    how he should cook us breakfast while we do the first drop,
    Can't wait to have a nanny nap on the way back in.. after finishing the last of the beers.

Its going to be hard day for someone !!

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    Its going to be great not to be the skipper !!!

I can't wait to kick back and drink Corona's while Muddy drives us out to the 300m+ line...
    Can't wait put crap on how he drives,
    how he needs to fish more then once a month,
    how he should cook us breakfast while we do the first drop,
    Can't wait to have a nanny nap on the way back in.. after finishing the last of the beers.

Its going to be hard day for someone !!
    Your going to need a bit more oomph than coronas i reckon...
    What date are you ladies heading out?
    if its july i may tag along dont really have the equipment to do it easy but give it a crack anyway. can make it kinda work with what i have and see what my deckie has to offer.
    Bit of practice for my August trip.

I was thinking about the 7th July for this little ditty.

Drive the boat, cook breakfast, make sure the boys don't run out of beer, put the boys on to the fish, cop a heap of flack from the boys, tuck Brett in for a nap on the way home, fillet the fish back at the ramp and pack in to snap lock bags and put on ice for the drive home.

Yeah.......still better than work I spose.

What are you on about not having the right gear still Lucas? Isn't that what this trip is actually about?

This thread is starting to sound like the bait versus plastics flogging I mean gtg with all the banter - i suppose with that one gone and dusted the punters have moved the spirit into this thread.

Now Bull don't forget to take those electric scales with you on your magical mystery biscuit tour to the shelf so when you pull one of those 40-60kg ooglies onto the biscuit with you then you can weigh it.
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    I was thinking about the 7th July for this little ditty.

Drive the boat, cook breakfast, make sure the boys don't run out of beer, put the boys on to the fish, cop a heap of flack from the boys, tuck Brett in for a nap on the way home, fillet the fish back at the ramp and pack in to snap lock bags and put on ice for the drive home.

Yeah.......still better than work I spose.

What are you on about not having the right gear still Lucas? Isn't that what this trip is actually about?
    I was planning August and by then i would have got at least 6 pays and been able to afford the extra gear needed. like 1000mt of braid maybe a decent reel. My money at the moment has gone to getting the boat prepared and i have been talking to Pete about a 1kw tranny. so that would come first, wont need that if i follow you though, all i have as it stands today is a alvey (that may do the job) and lead. i figured by august i would have been ready.
    Have the fuel/range and eskies just need the tools to get them to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    This thread is starting to sound like the bait versus plastics flogging I mean gtg with all the banter - i suppose with that one gone and dusted the punters have moved the spirit into this thread.

Now Bull don't forget to take those electric scales with you on your magical mystery biscuit tour to the shelf so when you pull one of those 40-60kg ooglies onto the biscuit with you then you can weigh it.
    I will be taking my new scales for sure Trev the only thing is the cheap bugger who bought them only got ones that weigh up to 50kgs so they mightn't be much good on this trip

I think I may need a bigger biscuit though by the time I get my 2 x electric reels, Battery, esky, tackle box,s fishing rods, shade umbrella, gaff, kill bin,

Really guys,

the expense of the 1000kw tranny is not really needed,

I only have a 600kw on my Furuno 582, sometimes I can see fish, sometimes no,
    but I can always see the structure, which I think is more important,

sure, if you like it & want to go hard, buy one then,

I do it reasonably often, (when I can ) & have found that I dont need the big tranny.

I hope you will supply photos of said 40-60kg fish being weighed ( by hand )
    after being pulled to the surface by hand,
    I have trouble holding anything heavier than a smoke after landing a cod half that size.

Muzz

Quote Originally Posted by Bull 1 View Post
    I will be taking my new scales for sure Trev the only thing is the cheap bugger who bought them only got ones that weigh up to 50kgs so they mightn't be much good on this trip

I think I may need a bigger biscuit though by the time I get my 2 x electric reels, Battery, esky, tackle box,s fishing rods, shade umbrella, gaff, kill bin,
    Now dont be a sook son - just cut a big fillet off one side for me then you can weigh it in two goes

See I have a solution to everything

AND to save weight manual reel therefore no battery required

Any other probs??
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post

Any other probs??

Who is winding them in while i am videoing?

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Who is winding them in while i am videoing?
    I am yet to try and am definitely keen once

I have a reel that is good for it with plenty of line and plenty of grunt and will have a harness etc - so it will be interesting at least once

I have eskys with rod buckets built into them so I will be sitting down with harness on and winching - I don't kid myself it will not be easy.

I am wondering seriously too about the idea of reo connected with small zip tie to bust off each drop too. I use the zip ties for anchor retrieval and they work well as sacrificial connectors so can see some merit in using them so weight does a one-way trip. As is said just have to keep them near the bottom but off the bottom.
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Bull 1 View Post

brother you may just be the only pussy out there with electric reels, however i will give merit for doing it on the biscuit and it holds 2 people so you got plenty of room for a deckie.....

Anthony, Looks like the M&G at inskip is a no goer. That swell looks like it could be a killer on thta bar. So the 7th July you're up next Just remember that I'm blind so I need your assistance for seeing the bottom. My crew is starting to put together the gear we need so I think we are getting close, I guess all we are going to need is a ramp where we are going to meet and an area where we are going to fish. Bill