Thread: Help with new boat

Help with new boat

Gday everyone wanting to buy a new boat just wanting some advice on what to get . Am from mackay but am willing to travel to get it something new around the fifty thousand mark predominantly for offshore use . Any help will do ... e.g. best brands . platey or fibreglass ???? thanks any help will do

Re: Help with new boat

Give us more info! What you intend to use it for? Eg Island hopping a Alloy would be more suitable and hardy to run a ground etc. Fishing, spearfishing, water ski, weekenders etc... If I had the coin I'd look at...
    Fibre glass - Kevlar cat or a big american style long boat.
    Plate Alloy - AMM, Rebel, Noble Super Vee (pre 06' modle), OR a Rip tide

Do your home work and let us know what you opt for!
    tight lines
    Stop professional fishing... before it's too late!

in the sam e position mate and a lot of people up here are saying plate (can park on sand /beach etc. Same brands that waterbouy has said. For that money you could also consider a 2nd barcrusher...new or 2nd hand?
    Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!

thanks for the info . i am looking for something to get out to the reef in and deep water drifting . probably will be doing a lot of spearfishing also. been looking at stessl and yalta craft any one have any feedback on any of these two ? Aidbox ? what are you looking at mainly ?

Well, being a Mackay rec fisherman now for the last 10 years, I can suggest that you stay away from plate boats. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with them, but I see alot of them are tested in "Moreton Bay chop" and go great. These conditions are nothing like we get up here. Alot of blokes have them in the Mackay area because they are easy to tow in from the mining towns into the coast as they are lighter and require less maintenance. They are also a bit cheaper up front, and have better fuel efficiency on the water, but are chalk and cheese when you want to compare ride quality. If you are serious about travelling to the reef and to the channel in a bit of comfort for fishing, the you must get a glass boat. For the inevitable hecklers that own plate boats, no offence guys. I do own a glass boat, Signature 675F, and I have travelled in some mates plate boats. Also, call me one eyed, but I think that Kevlarcats are hugely overated, especially at the 24ft length. There are plusses and minuses that you'll have to consider FishClique to see which best suits your particular circumstances.

fishclique i have a fisher600 maxi c/cab (yes its a platey) it was built by col sevenson when he was there,i,ve had it in some rough water and have not had a problem with it, i fish 50/70 nm range out of yeppoon,i would recommend you give col a call at origin boats.i think it all comes down to how you drive them.(Bubsy no offence taken on the platey mate).
    CHEERS AND BEERS.

owned glass and aliminium for the creek boat cant beet a tinny but a long journey in the sh## cant beet glass when building a glass boat ask for a foam core and rovings in all the corners a little bit of extra weight in the water will give u a better ride at the moment u can ask for watever u want

Quote Originally Posted by fishclique View Post
    thanks for the info . i am looking for something to get out to the reef in and deep water drifting . probably will be doing a lot of spearfishing also. been looking at stessl and yalta craft any one have any feedback on any of these two ? Aidbox ? what are you looking at mainly ?
    Yaltas seem popular, do a search, live down south but use my 615 Odessa 40-50 Kim's off shore great rough water boat, huge cockpit area.

Bigjudge, what's on the back of your Fisher?

Thanks, Scott.

HI
    Check these boats out Cootacraft, made for the rough
    cheers