Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A house set up for fishing holidays

A house set up for fishing holidays

Hey Guys, One thing that has always frustrated me and my fishing matesi s trying to travel away with my boat in tow is the lack of accommadation that is suitable unless you are camping and finding anything close to the boat ramp is a pain. So I got off my arse and did something about it and bought and renovated a self contained two bedroom cottage on a quarter of an acre so you can park your boats or two boats for that matter less than 100 meters to a beach and fishing wall and only 400mtrs to the boat ramp. I have decked it out with new plush furniture and electronics, stereo, flat screen tv for sport. I am installing a filliting table and an outdoor spa for the missus. I have made the property dog friendly by enclosing part of the yard for outside dogs ( another problem when I am travelling is my dog has to stay at home. Do you blokes have any ides what more I can add to make it more fisho friendly. I will be renting it out for nightly and weekly rental with discounted rates for the longer you stay. I have started a website if you want to check it out just type in Keppel Sands Luxury Cottage in goggle and it should pop up. There are heaps off great fishing spots in this location whether you want to go up a creek or out to the reef. Oh and its opposite the Keppel Sands hotel if you want meals and a beer. Any feedback as to what would make it better let me know. Cheers pete
    Last edited by pueter66; 15-05-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: mistakes

Re: A house set up for fishing holidays

I did it years ago buying a cottage at the south end of the Hinchinbrook .I don't rent it out though as I like everything in the cupboards when I go there . all I have to bring is bread ,milk, bacon and eggs . basically just the perishables . the beds are made so we can rock up all hours of the night . the boat lives in a shed there and is always fuelled at the end of a trip . best decision I ever made in my life .
    Make sure you have enough beds for a swag of people to stay
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Quote Originally Posted by pueter66 View Post
    Hey Guys, One thing that has always frustrated me and my fishing matesi s trying to travel away with my boat in tow is the lack of accommadation that is suitable unless you are camping and finding anything close to the boat ramp is a pain. So I got off my arse and did something about it and bought and renovated a self contained two bedroom cottage on a quarter of an acre so you can park your boats or two boats for that matter less than 100 meters to a beach and fishing wall and only 400mtrs to the boat ramp. I have decked it out with new plush furniture and electronics, stereo, flat screen tv for sport. I am installing a filliting table and an outdoor spa for the missus. I have made the property dog friendly by enclosing part of the yard for outside dogs ( another problem when I am travelling is my dog has to stay at home. Do you blokes have any ides what more I can add to make it more fisho friendly. I will be renting it out for nightly and weekly rental with discounted rates for the longer you stay. I have started a website if you want to check it out just type in Keppel Sands Luxury Cottage in goggle and it should pop up. There are heaps off great fishing spots in this location whether you want to go up a creek or out to the reef. Oh and its opposite the Keppel Sands hotel if you want meals and a beer. Any feedback as to what would make it better let me know. Cheers pete

now THAT is a top idea,,,,, I should build a table for Mrs Choppa,,, thanks Pete for the idea

don't forget about the client's that may have kids,,, trampoline or something to keep them occupied as well goes well

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Quote Originally Posted by STUIE63 View Post
    I did it years ago buying a cottage at the south end of the Hinchinbrook .I don't rent it out though as I like everything in the cupboards when I go there . all I have to bring is bread ,milk, bacon and eggs . basically just the perishables . the beds are made so we can rock up all hours of the night . the boat lives in a shed there and is always fuelled at the end of a trip . best decision I ever made in my life .
    Make sure you have enough beds for a swag of people to stay
    Hinchinbrook now thats a nice spot good on ya mate sounds tops

Thanks Choppa!

That is a sweet pad Pete. As for what to add to make it better, free beer and those girls from the adds to serve it would be nice.

Yep that would be nice one day! What about one of these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_f...All-Categories

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Yep that would be nice one day! What about one of these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_f...All-Categories

I have been looking at these for the last few weeks but am just trying to figure out how I can hide it from the missus.

Great looking spot and a great idea. Make sure the hot water system is up to the job. The ladies wouldn't be impressed if the hot water ran out after the stinky blokes have cleaned up after a long day of fishin.
    What about the Barbie? Gas or wood fired? There's something special about cooking over a real fire. Its something that the city folk don't get to do too much these days.

Nice place I hope you do well out of it and get regular decent folk who do longer stays. If I'm up that way you'll get my business.

Never amazes me with rentals just how careless / dirty clients can be. make sure you are not in love with any furniture etc as others may not respect it and take a huge bond. Be really careful with anything that could be seen as unsafe/ not maintained like play equipment and anything else you provide meets standards. Some people will blame you if their kid gets hurt etc etc. Make sure you are insured to the hilt and get a accountant and insurance broker to check you have the right cover.

Don't rent for single nights - more trouble than it is worth doing the tidy up etc
    In your agreement make sure you list max people as 4-6 adults or whatever and put a charge for extra adults over 4. No Parties No more than XX people on premised so it doesn't become a party spot. Your neighbours are your best watchdog so look after them and ban flushing with the motor started etc.

Website seems slow to load - might be my end

Mates have similar down south and have a shed for their own boat and a lockable caged carport for clients boats so they can just put it in and don't bring all the wet smellys stuff inside .

good on ya

Hey pete, nice place. makes me wonder why the hell i still live in slummy skidney.

Just one tip for the website...looks great but WHERE IS IT ? Know what i mean ?
    If i didnt know better i wouldnt have a clue if its in QLD, NT, WA...where in QLD, nearest town/city etc.
    Just imagine NSW clients happy to do a long tow might need a bit more info..hard to tell the missus u've found the perfect spot when u cant say where it is.
    Browsers are lazy.
    Ignore if i missed it.
    Ice maker a damn good idea but wouldnt make the difference between booking or not. Looks damn near perfect.

Steve.

Just ignore that^^^ was too stupid to look under "about us"
    Sorry pete

I bought an onsite caravan at Rainbow Beach and renovated it.
    Used to rent it out but some clients are dirty buggers and do not clean showers,
    toilets and stove just to name the main areas now I do not let anyone stay except family
    We love it because we can rock up anytime and the bed is made clothes are in draws and cupboards
    and only have to bring milk and bread

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post
    Great looking spot and a great idea. Make sure the hot water system is up to the job. The ladies wouldn't be impressed if the hot water ran out after the stinky blokes have cleaned up after a long day of fishin.
    What about the Barbie? Gas or wood fired? There's something special about cooking over a real fire. Its something that the city folk don't get to do too much these days.
    I went with a gas Barbie it was less hassle in keeping the fire wood up. But it is a nice bbq

Good Stuff cormorant. Hopefully the website nots going to die on me. I am going to put a shed on it within the year. But with so much cash going into the place and getting it up and going it wont be untill late in the year.