Thread: High Speed Spinning Reels

Question High Speed Spinning Reels

My TSS4 is getting a bit clunky and tired and am looking to replace it. What do others recommend. I have been using a Certate 4000 but doesn't have the same speed as the TSS. Have looked at Stradic 8000 but still only 4.8:1. Doesn't have to have heaps of drag power as will be using 4 - 8 kg line. Any assistance appreciated.
    Quality is still delivering long after you have forgotten the price.

Re: High Speed Spinning Reels

The Stradic FJ specs are all over the place. I would be looking at a 5000 which seems to be the fastest at 104cm per spin. It weighs in at about 1/2 of the 8000s weight. The old 8000FI cranked 107cm so the drop to 4.8:1 on the new model has certainly slowed it down
    Another option to consider is the Saltist 4500H. They certainly burn line back it at a fair pace at 113cm each crank
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Daiwa Emblem Pro? Certainly fast @ 122cm/crank.

http://www.########.com.au/index.cfm...roduct_id=4680

That would be mo tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by diabolical View Post
    Daiwa Emblem Pro? Certainly fast @ 122cm/crank.

http://www.########.com.au/index.cfm...roduct_id=4680

That would be mo tackle.
    My brother uses an Eblem Pro. I have used it quite often and find that for me in actual use it is slower than the TSS4 etc due to the long handle. I certainly cant crank it like my TSS4 or Stradic FI 8000
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Mate, try an okuma vsystem, i have 2 and i really rate them

The Shimano biomaster SW6000HG, Twinpower SW and Stella SW 5000 reels all offer just over a meter of line per retrieve and may be worth a look. I'm very happy with the retrieve rate of my Stella 5000SW for chasing Tuna.

Ditto to what Daintreeboy said. My 5000SW is the best reel I have ever owned and plenty fast for anything you will need in that size line class.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Pflueger salt would be worth a look. I have the Pflueger Infusion. When I got mine I stripped it and removed the bearing seals and repacked them with Inox grease. The reel has been excellent. I think the Salt is the same except it now has a carbon drag. If you want to go Shimano then track down an 8000 FI. They are much faster than the new ones. I also have one of these and so far so good.