Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new bream/flathead/whiting rod

Re: new bream/flathead/whiting rod

Quote Originally Posted by Bommie View Post
    plfuger felt really weak though
    Up to you buddy but I rate the trion over most others in the class range. I'll eat my trion if you can get yourself on to a fish big enough that it wouldn't be able to handle. I have got many big fish from the bay on mine. Cobia and some cracking bay snapper. What type of fish are you thinking it won't be able to handle? Most of the rods snap because they are not treated correctly and stress fractures etc, look after the rod it will look after you.

i have landed 80cm forktail catfish and 6.5kg estuary cod among a million other things flatties big bream squire other reefies, no problems at all on my little 1-3kg starlo classix with 1000 shimano sienna,,,, great fun and all up less than $200 combo including braid leader etc

Looks like it will be the trion just wish it was 2 piece will probs match it to the freams but could be a lil to expensive could any one give me some feedback on them couldn't find much online.

Cheers bommie

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    Up to you buddy but I rate the trion over most others in the class range. I'll eat my trion if you can get yourself on to a fish big enough that it wouldn't be able to handle. I have got many big fish from the bay on mine. Cobia and some cracking bay snapper. What type of fish are you thinking it won't be able to handle? Most of the rods snap because they are not treated correctly and stress fractures etc, look after the rod it will look after you.

Hey Mossy,

I was talking to a bloke today who reckons you've been known to suffer the odd stress fracture from time to time.

TOL

Mate, a 3000 stradic is a very versatile reel. good drag, fast retrieve. match it to a raider, your laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    Hey Mossy,
    I was talking to a bloke today who reckons you've been known to suffer the odd stress fracture from time to time.
    TOL
    I wouldn't believe every fish tale off old netmaker TOL. I think they are more of a clean break than a stress fracture TOL