Thread: Wreck Rock, Deepwater N.P. in July. What gear?

Wreck Rock, Deepwater N.P. in July. What gear?

Heading up to Wreck Rock campground this July. Q1) Will a couple of 10'6" with Alveys be OK or should I take my 13'6" Surf as well. Q2) What sort of species could I expect at that time of year (beach based) & Q3) Is there natural bait in the area. i.e. digable, pumpable?

Re: Wreck Rock, Deepwater N.P. in July. What gear?

Only Scrub turkeys and Taipans, so the 10'6'' will be fine for the turkeys but I,d definately take the surf rod for the Taipans. lol.

Loz, I've got the turkeys covered but the taipans---livies, lures or soft plastics?

there should be a mixed bag of reefy species around the rocks like spanish flag moses perch cod. you may be luck to see some palagics working close to shore within casting range mackeral tuna ect. and i have seen massive jew speared off the beach so that maybe an option as well great spot have fun

LIVIES FOR SURE. Worms at Agnes and in lee of rocks. Yabbies are great if you can find them at 1770. Definitely mackerel off rocks and some xos dart . Serious about the snakes though. Be aware. Take a crab pot. Have caught coral trout ,bream and sole over the years. have fun. Good gutter at flat rock.