Thread: Offshore Mooloolaba

Offshore Mooloolaba

Yesterday appeared to be a slow day offshore judging by the banter on the radio. Heard a few AF members chattering away and I don't think they did much good either.

Left M'ba at 6am on Smithy's charter..magnificent weather all day and plenty were out there.

The fishing was rather slow..I only got 5 average fish..but the day out there was worth the effort. Beautiful one day..perfect the next.

Smithy, as per usual, worked hard to try and get us on the fish but they didn't want to play the game.

Will always give Smithy a plug as he runs a good operation.

Re: Offshore Mooloolaba

must have been a day late mate. us and a few mates were out fri arvo and got an esky full. they went off just on dark...

cheers, aaran.

You weren't alone pinhead. We went out from Noosa early yesterday - stayed out until 1;00pm fished around North Reef mostly. Sounded around for an hour to try and find some fish. Fond a small show - anchored up - only got undersize everything including the tiniest little snaps - they were sooooo cute.

We moved 5 or 6 times; drifted for a couple of hours as well - Nothing.

There were a couple of "Charters boats around and they didn't seem to be catching much either.

Couple of guys we spoke to back at the ramp - also had a quiet day. Which is good - hate getting back to the ramp and everyone else has bagged out while you have caught zip!!

Mark

WOuld have been a top day for it Greg, couldnt have picked a better day, how does Smithys new boat go?
    Tangles KFC

Tough fishing. Good enough shows. Tried everything. Always had a plastic and a floater on the go and a couple of bottom bashers. Went chasing AJs at one stage. Had to share the spot with another boat. They were there but snapped a hook on one and Paul got dusted a couple of times as well. Think that spooked them.

Last edited by Smithy; 13-05-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Some good pearlies there Smithy.

It was a great day on the water Saturday. Starting to feel a bit bad about putting our report up though. Spot82, the crew and I were throwing them back as we bagged out- both on numbers and size (over 75cm). Maybe we were just on the hotspot but there was plenty of boats around. Thought everyone would have been smashing them. I will get Anthony to post some pics and report today. Good work Pinhead and Smithy for getting a reasonable catch though.

Yep i was out on saturday too off rainbow beach, same problem. Plenty of show but no go, the run in the water was pretty rank too.