Thread: "I'd like Allure for mother's day".early mum's day fishing & kangaroos swimming video

"I'd like Allure for mother's day".early mum's day fishing & kangaroos swimming video

(OOoooops sorry mods, this is really a fishing report, happy if you move it there...my mistake putting it here )

So when most women tell their kids they want "Allure" for mother's day this is what they mean:

Allure.jpg

however with Trace this is what she means (and got from the kids):

008.jpg

Unfortunately our early mother's day session on the Pine was very dead and didn't see any fish brought home (just a few throw back flatties and a bream, plus a long fight with a huge stingray that Trace jagged in the tail).

However we enjoyed seeing some swimming kangaroos...I just can't work out how to upload a video we got so will hopefully manage it later.

OK back now, hope this works :

Happy Mother's day to all the mums out there

Tim and Trace.

Re: "I'd like Allure for mother's day".early mum's day fishing & kangaroos swimming v

Thanks for showing the video.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Re: "I'd like Allure for mother's day".early mum's day fishing & kangaroos swimming v

I ventured into Hayes Inlet last weekend and came across some bouncers in peoples backyards.
    Also I got stuck in mud and nearly face planted.
    I was very dubious about that area with the green zones and the mud flats.

I don't know what is going on
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Tim where abouts on the Pine is that?

How cool are those Roos
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    Hey Tim where abouts on the Pine is that?
    G'day Kingcray, the house in the picture gives the position away: it is where Lobbs Creek joins the Pine, just in front of the huge house that is a bit east of the end of Dohles Rocks Rd. No fish there though!

However the good news is that we went back to a different spot on the Pine this evening just on dusk and landed 5 fish in quick succession (4 bream and a flatty...only one keeper bream).

Then just after it went fully dark I hit onto a good fish on the Pfluger with 4lb line and leader. In spite of a comedy of errors worthy of the Keystone Cops when Trace (who has terrible night vision) was trying to net it (this fish was very keen to stay in the water so lots of zzzzzzzzzzzzz every time Trace hit it in the face with the net) we eventually got a nice 53cm flatty aboard.

Tangles

How cool are those Roos
    Very cool

oh yeah good stuff. I was hangin round the bridges all arvo chasing flatties. We landed somewhere between 30 and 40 on the squidgies, with 90% of them going 25-35cm. 2 nice size bream and 3 good flounder also which was good. first time i have taken the flounder home. Turns out theyre not bad at all on the table.
    How do u find the plastics work at night?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    oh yeah good stuff. I was hangin round the bridges all arvo chasing flatties. We landed somewhere between 30 and 40 on the squidgies, with 90% of them going 25-35cm. 2 nice size bream and 3 good flounder also which was good. first time i have taken the flounder home. Turns out theyre not bad at all on the table.
    How do u find the plastics work at night?
    Geez that is a lot of little flatties, we only got a handful. Met another fellow with the same type of boat as us (TABS Bullshark...his was blue though) and he had a couple of keepers but also found it pretty slow.

Flounder are delicious!

Re plastics at night, I am really not sure. I want to believe they work but we got all the fish except the 53 flatty in the twilight of dusk. It was fully dark for the flatty but after that almost no hits and certainly no fish. People say they work. But I suspect that something with a bit more vibration or action might be better...I'll keep experimenting when time allows. What is your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Chas & Clarry View Post
    Geez that is a lot of little flatties, we only got a handful. Met another fellow with the same type of boat as us (TABS Bullshark...his was blue though) and he had a couple of keepers but also found it pretty slow.

Flounder are delicious!

Re plastics at night, I am really not sure. I want to believe they work but we got all the fish except the 53 flatty in the twilight of dusk. It was fully dark for the flatty but after that almost no hits and certainly no fish. People say they work. But I suspect that something with a bit more vibration or action might be better...I'll keep experimenting when time allows. What is your opinion?
    Obviously a man of impeccable taste .
    (Only joking Tim )
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn 66 View Post
    Obviously a man of impeccable taste .
    (Only joking Tim )
    Shawn
    It was funny Shawn, we were talking about how unusual it was not seeing you in our boat's "twin" and this guy appears in basically the same boat as yours!

It would have been triplets if you'd been there.