Thread: Paradise Dam. Great spot

Paradise Dam. Great spot

Last weekend, I got to spend a couple of hours at Paradise Dam ( http://paradisedam.com.au/ ) with a lovely lady I have met.

This was our Sunday drive and lunch stop.

Paradise isn't that well known as yet and has only apparantly been operating a few years.

There's a small kiosk, which is only open for business Thursday to Tuesday.

Best thing currently about Paradise is that because it isn't a stocked impoundment you don't need a permit to fish it.
    Never wet a line though while I was there as we were too engrosed in each others company(haha).

Seriously though, it would be a great place for a M & G short weekend break at some stage for freshwater fishos.
    The camp ground, right on the waters edge. So close if you went the wrong way at night for a piss, you'd end up in the dam.
    I'd guess there would be about 30-35 sites judging by the number of tents we saw.

BBQ facilities were very clean as well and the yob element was just not present.

There was apparantly a good sized yellowbelyl caught the Saturday night last weekend so if true, there are fish there.
    Reading the website, they did put one lot of fingerlings in just after completion of the dam.

Helen is living between Childers and Bundy at the moment so I will be up that way regularly in the future and will have opportunity to fish the dam I hope in the boat too.
    Also noted Monduran is close by. This lady has my full attention and the bonus of loving fishing, what more could I want??

Re: Paradise Dam. Great spot

Looks like a nice place.

Hopefully there will some serious stocking done there soon.

I do too Luc.

It is a Sunwater controlled dam so they should.

Lovely spot. Visited there a year or two back. The lady in the kiosk said they have an annual comp off the shore at the camping ground for eel-tail catties.

Thanks for the heads up, any barra in there?

There would be some barra as they've been stocking the river upstream for years. Wuruma also is upstream and lost barra in the floods. Boondooma and BP are too and lost bass and yellows. I doubt the numbers will be there until the stocking has a few years behind it.

A nice dam Mike. We spent a few days there last year and also at the C Van park a few ks upstream.

Catties were the only fish being caught. There was mention of Barra being released many moons ago, but there could have been some recent releases that are being kept hush.

With the previous years floods, (the big one), the dam was going over that spillway at a metre (may be two I cant remember ) either way it didn't sound good for Barra that may have still in the dam.

It is one to look forward to when it comes on line.

Gordon