Thread: PWC run to off DI Sat 19th May

PWC run to off DI Sat 19th May

I'll be leaving Tewantin boat ramp 8am and heading to an area off Double Island Point if anyone wants to come. Travel distance each way approx 35NM. You need fuel range for minimum 100NM to allow for safety margin.

Rig for bottom bashing with heavy sinkers as there'll be current. Depth range 45-60 metres.

Planning a for nice run along the back of the breakers up to near DI then heading wide. Should take about an hr and a bit each way. I'll be carrying an extra 40 litres on the rack so if running low we can top up at DI before heading back.

Obviously the trip's weather dependant but if it stays like this it should be great. If it's not a light westerly, or calm, I won't be going.

Anyone up for it?

ps.. people who like catch to fish, but don't eat them are especially welcome

Re: PWC run to off DI Sat 19th May

The original trip was planned for Double Island Point, but the wind for the return is forecast for South Easterlies to 15 knots, which'd make it a hard slog with 35NM to travel into it. So putting off that trip to a better day.

I'm now going to the Barwon Banks instead. Morning westerlies and a sou'easter to get back in on.

Departing from the Coast Guard boat ramp at Mooloolaba at 7.00am, then out about 20NM to the Banks. I've got a heap of spots out there for drifting around on.

Anybody's welcome. Send a PM so I know to wait for you.

Look forward to the report Skipak.

Not much to report I'm afraid. The wind was still 10-12 knots southerly at 5.30am. Sea conditions were sloppy with white caps. Canned the idea of going wide and just fooled around with the new combo unit; nav lights and gear. Stayed out for just over an hour and then went home for a coffee. Still getting used to this jet ski fishing thing - only thing I've got to do now is catch a bloody fish!